Beer Style Fermentation & Bottling Chart

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FensterBos

Reaction score
Is there any resource available that charts out the fermentation and bottling/kegging times? I thought it would be a good resource for beginners (including myself) who don't know how much about fermentation and bottling timing.
For instance, when I first started brewing I would wait until the air lock would so no signs of bubbling and then check the SG two days in a row to see if fermentation has "completed". Although this method hasn't failed me yet, I am sure I can improve my final product with proper fermenting and bottling times.

I actually think that is a great method. There isn't really a standard for time for fermentation, it is dependent on temp, pitching rate, wort make up etc. Personally I give ales a week and then check gravity against the expected anneuation for the yeast type. For a lager I'd go two weeks and do the same.

One potential improvement would be to get a refractometer to conserve the beer instead of pulling enough for a hydro sample.

Experience is the best chart you can have for fermentation. But that's one man's opinion.

Back