Good extract recipe suggestion?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaydog2314

Reaction score
So my first batch came out really good, just popped the first bottle after 2 weeks of conditioning, Autumn Amber Ale(i couldn't resist/wait any longer!). I got an Amarillo Pale Ale in the primary. I'm trying to figure out what to brew next. I do want to stick to extract brewing b/c I am still new at it and that's the equipment I have. I wanted to get a bunch of extract under my belt before moving on...

Not sure if I want to go with a kit, the first 2 were Midwest kits, the LHBS has Brewer's Best kits...Or should I venture out and buy ingredients? I'd probably have to try a clone as I have NO clue yet what to mix with what as far as hops, grains, etc...

Any good suggestions for a new brewer?

All extract recipes, except for lagers, are about the same level of difficulty. So, to answer your question with a question, what do you feel like drinking? :cross:

Since you've got a pale ale and amber, I think something totally different would be great. Say, an English brown ale (I have a recipe posted for a good simple one in my recipe pull down, under my avatar), or a stout if you like them. Or go really light and go with a cream ale (similar to an American lager).

Back