Glass bottling soda

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nathanya

Reaction score
I am new to brewing soda and I have heard thy it is not a good idea to use glass bottles for soda, and also once fermentation is done the soda has to be kept in the fridge. I was wondering if anybody has any tips for bottling soda in glass and if I can make soda and store it so it doesn't have to stay in the fridge.
Thanks,Nate

Honestly if you are carbing naturally you either have to cold crash it and keep is cold, or heat pasteurize every bottle.

If that doesn`t tickle your fancy then keg it.

Ok I am not really familiar with heat pasturing bottles I have never had to do it before, so how would I do it once I bottled the soda?

Ok thank you that thread was very helpful I think I will just try to pasteurize the soda bottles so that I can bottle a lot more and then store them outside of the fridge. Any tips for the fermenting process with glass bottles?

Ok thank you that thread was very helpful I think I will just try to pasteurize the soda bottles so that I can bottle a lot more and then store them outside of the fridge. Any tips for the fermenting process with glass bottles?

Yes, put them in a rubbermaid container so when they explode your wife doesn't kill you.

Also, fill and plastic bottle or two to use as your "control", keep checking it until it gets nice and firm. Once desired carbonation is achieved start pasteurization.

I don't think anyone that has ever made soda in glass hasn't experienced a few popped bottles though.

Ok I will put the soda in a couple plastic bottles then so that I can tell better when the soda is done fermenting. Thanks for all the tips

Back