Glue for labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sippin37

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I tried the regular craft glue stick but after a minute or so it would start peeling off of the bottle. I use HP Flyer & Brochure paper (matte) which is about twice as thick as your regular copy paper. I tried super glue too, and while it worked well for keeping the label on, it got on my finger and took days to come off haha!

Has anyone been successful using thicker paper as labels? If so, what kind of glue would you recommend?

Thanks

When I label, I use regular printer paper (11x17 to get the most per sheet) and use milk. Have yet to have an issue with the ink running. I just put milk on a salad plate and put half the label on top of the milk, put that side on the bottle first, and then kinda squeegee the milk onto the other side with my hand.

Perfect? No. Easy? Very. Quick rinse in warm water and it comes right off

When I label, I use regular printer paper (11x17 to get the most per sheet) and use milk. Have yet to have an issue with the ink running. I just put milk on a salad plate and put half the label on top of the milk, put that side on the bottle first, and then kinda squeegee the milk onto the other side with my hand.

Perfect? No. Easy? Very. Quick rinse in warm water and it comes right off

I think it is perfect. Use a paint brush to apply milk. Laser printer works, inkjet ink will run. If you have an inkjet, just take your pic to Kinkos and make color copies.

milk works well if your just keeping your beers in the fridge. If your after a glue that can means you can use an esky for parties/bbqs etc check out https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f46/esky-ice-water-proof-labels-224476/ i spent quite a bit of time testing with all the glues i could get my hands on and then ended up making glues from scratch and ended up with this. It holds up well enough in ice water but still cleans off really easily.

milk works well if your just keeping your beers in the fridge. If your after a glue that can means you can use an esky for parties/bbqs etc check out https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f46/esky-ice-water-proof-labels-224476/ i spent quite a bit of time testing with all the glues i could get my hands on and then ended up making glues from scratch and ended up with this. It holds up well enough in ice water but still cleans off really easily.

Thanks a lot, I may have to give this a try. If not, then I think I need to just go with the thinner paper since this thick stuff does not like being bent around the outside of a bottle.

Latest posts

Back