Has anyone seen this?! (yeast starter saga)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Folks, guess what, TSA was a member on here for a short time. Several of us, me included, tried to talk him down during his early brewing with the Coopers kit. He was on here every five minutes updating his thread about the latest "disaster" with his beer. He eventually got himself banned. You might still be able to find his old posts. He was under the name mikedavid00. Unfortunately, only a handful of his posts remain as I think his original thread got locked when he refused to listen to what ANYONE was telling him. Also, he's a total jerk to Craigtube and, love him or hate him, that guy never hurt anyone. Just an FYI, I'm in the love Craigtube camp!

I read a thread I found. Holy cow now I just feel bad. This guy is SERIOUSLY unstable and obviously needs professional help.

I got to look for the old threads lol. This guy is just way over the top, to the point where he's not even having fun presenting his videos, just listen to his fake laugh and "laugh track". At least craigtube is cool, laid back, and can teach a lot to a new homebrewer

Wow that's classic. I thought I was paranoid with sanitation. Get this guy a job at White Labs. Seriously though it's over the top but I'm sure White Labs and Wyeast go through much greater lengths to isolate, reproduce, maintain yeast in a sterile environment. All beer, especially homebrew, is infected with wild yeast, bacteria, spores, etc. It's everywhere and its unavoidable. Hence the necessity to cool wort quickly and pitch your yeast. Even if this guy left his beer in the carboy, sealed for moths after boiling; some bacteria or wild yeast would eventually take hold. It is not within the scope of homebrewers in a modern kitchen to keep a 100% sterile environment nor is it advisable. I think I'm done with brewing.

Went back and read the thread from the guy that is still open on here. I actually kind of feel bad now but it is still so amusing I cannot help myself.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f37/how-long-fermenter-cooperskit-143390/

I think I found the person at fault for his overzealous sanitation procedures.....

From Revvy:

"...mikedavid00...If you are leaving your beer x days and getting an infection, then it's not the process of leaving the beer someplace, it's the fact that YOU are skimping on cleaning and fermentation. It's not the fault of long primary, it's operator error. "

;)

it is really funny to see the process of him getting banned in that one thread lol

Wow that's classic. All beer, especially homebrew, is infected with wild yeast, bacteria, spores, etc. It's everywhere and its unavoidable. Hence the necessity to cool wort quickly and pitch your yeast. Even if this guy left his beer in the carboy, sealed for moths after boiling; some bacteria or wild yeast would eventually take hold. It is not within the scope of homebrewers in a modern kitchen to keep a 100% sterile environment nor is it advisable. I think I'm done with brewing.

:off:Several issues with you statements.

1) Homebrew is just as infected as commercial brews. No more, no less.

2) Cooling you wort quickly is due to "off-flavours", not sanitation.

3) I hope you are being sarcastic about being done with brewing. It is an enjoyable hobby with a huge bonus in the bottle. :drunk:

This guy is making a feeble attempt at parody, I used to thing he was just a ****** bag but NO BODY can be such a self centered jackass. I have watched this dork for awhile since he started a feud with craigetube on youtube. I can`t believe this thread has gone on so long....DAMN!!! now I have made it longer.....

VB

This guy is making a feeble attempt at parody, I used to thing he was just a ****** bag but NO BODY can be such a self centered jackass. I have watched this dork for awhile since he started a feud with craigetube on youtube. I can`t believe this thread has gone on so long....DAMN!!! now I have made it longer.....

VB

I think it might be safe to call this the Charlie Sheen of homebrewing

You guys are shady. Even this guy know it. The whole brewing world is shady. Oh wait I must be shady too. WTF is this guy talking about.

Now I cannot WAIT to get home and check out these vids. Sounds perfectly horrid!

I think someone needs to RDWHAHB and get laid. (For real, not the store-bought kind)

Went back and read the thread from the guy that is still open on here. I actually kind of feel bad now but it is still so amusing I cannot help myself.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f37/how-long-fermenter-cooperskit-143390/

I think I found the person at fault for his overzealous sanitation procedures.....

From Revvy:

"...mikedavid00...If you are leaving your beer x days and getting an infection, then it's not the process of leaving the beer someplace, it's the fact that YOU are skimping on cleaning and fermentation. It's not the fault of long primary, it's operator error. "

;)

it is really funny to see the process of him getting banned in that one thread lol

Yeah, it's really too bad his initial thread was deleted. I mean, it didn't matter what you told the guy he just refused to listen. I've watched a lot of his videos because they are so entertaining! :D

I think someone needs to RDWHAHB and get laid. (For real, not the store-bought kind)

In one of the videos a couple minutes in he mentions that his wife was holding the camera because they didn't have a tripod with them. Yeah, somebody married that guy. :confused:

All anyone needs to know about this cat, is that he does craft beer reviews. First step, pour beer into a frosted mug. End of story.

-

I've been too afraid to watch the videos for fear of shorting out the new pacemaker, but your comments are a hoot. I didn't realize I had a run in with this guy. Sheesh....

This comment is rich.

Mikedavid, I'm really glad you posted to another thread besides your "Slamming coopers kits" disaster. Everyone here has given you solid advice and you insist on ignoring everything, and basing your opinions on your FIRST BREW. You have no idea what you're talking about and you're really embarrassing yourself now. Please, for your own sake, take down your youtube videos, because they're really an embarrassment. Firstly, you wear the same clothes in every video, so maybe your sanitation ISN'T as good as you think. Secondly, you make comments that you have no idea about. A plastic fermenter that smells like plastic???? What should it smell like, aluminum??? Beer shouldn't sit in primary for 3 weeks????? You're insane, and your posts and videos are solid proof. READ A BOOK. As a matter of face, don't. Please change your hobby, because this one really isn't for you. Beer produces off flavors after being in primary for 3 weeks?????

Oh, and how do you tell, 2 days after bottling, that your beer won't carbonate? Your comments are so far off the deep end, it's ridiculous. Who on here is "waving your sword and shield for a particular company"? I've brewed 4 beers in the coopers fermenter and never had a problem, and they were all coopers cans.

You're a complainer, through and through. You complained about everything from the beginning, and never wanted to hear anything from anyone. Every single post I've read of yours has been a complaint of one way or another. If it's not about beer, it's about censorship. Please change your hobby or at least the forums you complain to. Nobody here wants to hear it, and all you are is a naysayer. You act like a child, which is an insult to children everywhere. My 4 year old is more coherent and mature than you, and she doesn't embarrass herself nearly as much. +1 on the ban hammer falling on you.Or just go away and save yourself the embarrassment of BEING banned......although it seems like you enjoy being embarrassed.

I love the video where he shows you his homeade pizza, he really likes that pizza. The five minute slomo of the cheese stretching out is proof. I'm also a big fan of the one where he flashes the wads of cash so you can see how cool he is...so gangsta. The one where he denies the holocaust is also pretty good.

This guy is a lunatic. You need to check out his 11 minute review of Southern Tier IPA where he brings his wife in at the end. Classic!

Before I started brewing I read how to brew. I also watched a lot of craigs videos and searched this site. I remember thinking this guy was a nut job then.

A year later and this stuff is too funny.

I've been a follower of his for a while now and used his principals to refine my techniques.

This is a typical starter making session.

2514521.jpg

His "trip to Dominican republic" video made me wanna puke!

The beer he reviews (Brahma) is the same I used to drink a lot in my college years in Brazil... A classic crappy adjunct lager, but he seemed to have loved it!

His "trip to Dominican republic" video made me wanna puke!

The beer he reviews (Brahma) is the same I used to drink a lot in my college years in Brazil... A classic crappy adjunct lager, but he seemed to have loved it!

Exactly:rockin:, crapy cheap lager that you need to drink at 30F, otherwise it taste like, what, rice hulls?:ban:

Back