What im brewing...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew_Dog

Reaction score
Just racked my ipa to a carboy and added my hops tea bag. It shall sit there for a few weeks. Then bulk prime and bottle.
Same time I started another ipa with a dry enzyme and safale s04 yeast.. I was a bit hot when I added the yeast but think it wont burn.
I also used some calcium sulphate. Not to sure how to calculate how much to use with my boiled tap water but blindly added 20grms. Still need to do more research. I know I made a top ipa with rain water once. Being in Australia I could have been the possum piss in it...lol.
Happy brewing

Most of the time,it's best not to dry hop for more than 7-10 days. I get great hop aroma from dry hopping in 7 days. Too long & grassy/vegetal aromas & flavors can result. Not sure about the chemicals you used in water conditioning. I have yet to try all the packets og Burton water salts I picked up myself...

unionrdr said:
Most of the time,it's best not to dry hop for more than 7-10 days. I get great hop aroma from dry hopping in 7 days. Too long & grassy/vegetal aromas & flavors can result. Not sure about the chemicals you used in water conditioning. I have yet to try all the packets og Burton water salts I picked up myself...

Thanks.. Always like to here other brewers advice..will taste after a week and remove once I feel hopped...
Happy brewing

Thanks.. Always like to here other brewers advice..will taste after a week and remove once I feel hopped...
Happy brewing

+1 on the 7 day hop, and you will be surprised how after a few weeks in the bottle and the "green" new beer taste subsides how much more the hop character will start to shine through. My last IIPA took 6 weeks to start tasting and smelling REALLY good!

Back