• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Free Starter Kit (Iowa City, Iowa)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msa8967

mickaweapon
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a free starter kit that I put together out of some new and used equipment. I had planned on giving this to a buddy that wants to brew but he changed his mind so I would just like to pass it along to someone else. I have gotten so much advice from other brewers on this forum that I don't want any money for it. Some of the equipment I bought from other brewers with the intention of putting kits together to give away to rookies so some pieces are not prestine but are fully functional. I would really like the recipient to give this kit a try and either keep it or pass it along to another person wanting to try brewing.

Local pick up only. I will also throw in 2 cases of bottles to get started. There are two bottling buckets here as well as a primary bucket. The second bottling bucket could be plugged and used as a primary bucket. There are also 2 smaller buckets to use to help clean and sanitize equipment.

brew kit 001.jpg

if gas was not 3.70ish, I would be knocking on your front door. :)

Also, the purple Bumbo is a key component to any starter kit. You can't have the little one running around while you're trying to brew.

We will be needing to use the bumbo in 6-8 weeks so it is not included in the kit. I will be shutting down my beer production here in the next 2 weeks in order ro get things ready for the new tax deduction arriving.

msa8967 said:
We will be needing to use the bumbo in 6-8 weeks so it is not included in the kit. I will be shutting down my beer production here in the next 2 weeks in order ro get things ready for the new tax deduction arriving.

The train table could make a nice brew stand too. The post would be low enough no need for ladders to mash in or anything. :rockin:

That's awesome! I have a buddy I'm getting started in brewing. Wish this deal was closer. Thanks for offering this up!

msa8967 said:
I have a free starter kit that I put together out of some new and used equipment. I had planned on giving this to a buddy that wants to brew but he changed his mind so I would just like to pass it along to someone else. I have gotten so much advice from other brewers on this forum that I don't want any money for it. Some of the equipment I bought from other brewers with the intention of putting kits together to give away to rookies so some pieces are not prestine but are fully functional. I would really like the recipient to give this kit a try and either keep it or pass it along to another person wanting to try brewing.

Local pick up only. I will also throw in 2 cases of bottles to get started. There are two bottling buckets here as well as a primary bucket. The second bottling bucket could be plugged and used as a primary bucket. There are also 2 smaller buckets to use to help clean and sanitize equipment.

I would love to help you out! I have just started brewing and my best friend lives in Iowa City. If the equipment is still available, I would love to have it. Can you hang onto it and I can make arrangements to have it picked up.

Thanks,

Barbara

Hello, I have just gotten into brewing and love it. I am located in Cincinnati, OH. However, my best friend lives in Iowa City, and if the kit is still available I can have it picked up! I also sent another reply, so if you get both, sorry.

Please let me know how we can make it work if the kit is still available.

thanks,

Barbara

Back