Anchor Humming

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butcher

Reaction score
Anyone had this? I got a single bottle at the grocery store and was soon back for a six pack. I really find this a good beer, hoppy with a ton of citrus flavor, very grapefruity. I just realized this is a seasonal beer so I need to go get some as it is a fall only release.

I just had this beer and it's instantly in my top 3 pale ales. I have gotten very tired of the typical citrus hopped american pale ales. The nelson sauvin hops are very nice in this beer. I'd say that it is more "fruity" in it's smell rather than citrusy. And the bitterness is a bit more "spicy" rather than just citrus/grapefruit. It's more of a fruity hop smell, rather than smelling like something else, say citrus or grapefruit. The aroma is really what does it for me.

The humming did taste like something ive hardly ever tasted before but i couldn't quite put my finger on it. Anyone know what it is? I like the anchor porter and original a little better.

Back