What extract kit to brew next?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nhindian

Reaction score
Hi all, I have Northern Brewer's Caribou Slobber in primary right now and is hitting the two week mark tomorrow. I also have NB's Smashing Pumpkin that I will make once this is ready to bottle since I only have one primary fermentor.

I am currently in talks on Craigslist to buy two 6gal ported Better Bottles and my temp controller should arrive next week, so I wanted to start ramping up my brewing.

What kits have you tried and would recommend? Open to all styles and companies! I was thinking NB's Peated Porter..

Sounds like your on a dark beer kick getting ready for the colder seasons :) Never had that peated porter but have used the smoked grains in a couple beers. Its a distinct flavor and might be a little off putting to share with your buds. I'd say the NB Rye Stout would be a little more accessible. If you can find a kif for one a Robust Porter is a wonderful beer. Black IPAs are rather nice too.

NB's Chinook IPA was the first kit that I was really happy with. I use the recipe as a starting point for things that I assemble myself now.
:mug:

Latest posts

Back