Good Grain Mills

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcaddoo

Reaction score
I am looking into purchasing a grain mill. I am sure folks have some opinions on which one they like, etc. I appologize if this has been covered already. If it has, please point me in the right direction. Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated.

I have used the Phil mil for many years and have had good results with it. The reason I purchased it was that it was the most affordable of the roller mills.

I use the JSP (AKA Schmiddling) fixed gap roller mill and am very happy. I used to use a Corona mill, and was not happy.. I thought about getting an adjustable gap mill, but as I hardly ever use anything other than two row barley, I didn't see the point. It's definitely worth shopping around, as you can get some good deals occasionally.

-a.

Roller mills are the best, I'm told.
I use a porkert (corona type) mill and am satisified, not knowing any other type anyway. My mill/grinder was the cheap way out for me and like I say, I'm satisified.

I like the barley crusher. It 's about the cheapest of the roller mills. It's adjustible and comes fully equiped with a handle and grain bin. You don't have to buy an adaptor if you want to grind with an electric drill.

Twabe said:
I'm very happy with the assembled mill that I got from http://www.crankandstein.com/.

+1

I put this on my Xmass list and guess what santa brought. One of these. It is a solid mill that works great! Unfortunately the person who gave it to me bought the handle... I would pass on the handle. :)

Back