Raspberry Wheat is done, and mighty tastey! (pics of THE beer)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewd00d

Reaction score
Well after a month or so, doin the waiting game, and after everyones help from the forum chipping in here and there, i finally had the gratifying taste of my third brew. I must say its the best one yet.

2010-11-28_22-01-58_701.jpg

2010-11-28_22-02-13_615.jpg

The taste and color were exactly what i wanted. Everyone kept asking me if i could make some more and sell it to them. So i take it thats a good sign. It ended up at around 6% with the honey, and brown sugar i put into it to boost the abv.

heres another success story to add to the books.

thanks dudes!

Looks delicious!! I have yet to brew a wheat beer and I suppose it's time I get on board!

Wow that looks good. You gave me hope that my strawberry blond will come out good. It's the first time I used canned fruit or any fruit for that matter. It's been in the secondary for about a week and I think I will keep there for another two weeks at 40F to get as much favor as possible.

Thanks for showing the pic.:tank:

Congrats! :mug:

Do you have a thread for the recipe? As a trade, here's a Erdinger Hefeweizen Weissbier clone I'm working on:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/erdinger-hefeweizen-clone-204959/

Again, congrats!

DY

Its a kit from Northern Brewer. 6.3 lbs Wheat malt syrup, 1 oz Hersbrucker, WYEAST 3333 GERMAN WHEAT. It came with raspberry extract but i used 1lb of frozen raspberries. I pureed them and threw them in the secondary for two days then kegged it.

I didnt have a specific thread for the beer but multiple threads about questions revolving around the beer.

Looks awesome! You just reminded me that this spring, I need to save the cherries from the tree in my backyard and freeze them until I'm ready to brew a hefe. I think it's a sour cherry tree, which I think I've read is the right way to go. Either way, I'll use them.

Raspberry wheat rocks I did one a few batches ago same idea it was a an American wheat kit from true brew that I used 4lbs. frozen raspberry's in it game out pretty dam good. Think it will be my spring-summer brew next year....

Its a kit from Northern Brewer. 6.3 lbs Wheat malt syrup, 1 oz Hersbrucker, WYEAST 3333 GERMAN WHEAT. It came with raspberry extract but i used 1lb of frozen raspberries. I pureed them and threw them in the secondary for two days then kegged it.

I didnt have a specific thread for the beer but multiple threads about questions revolving around the beer.

Can I get the exact recipe? Since you said you added Honey and Brown Sugar as well.

Thanks

Can I get the exact recipe? Since you said you added Honey and Brown Sugar as well.

Thanks

Bring to boil the wheat extract as usual, then add the hops. Boil for 60 min. Cool down sanitize all the equipment then pour into the primary after the wort is down to 65-75 degrees. Add the wyeast y3333 german yeast.

I let mine ferment for two weeks. After about one week that's when I added some brown sugar and honey to up the abv and give a little taste. I let that sit for another week. Then I siphoned into the secondary. Left it in there for another week. I put a pound of pureed raspberries into the secondary about two days before I kegged it up.

I made a really tasty raspberry wheat once by using Jamil's american wheat recipe from "Brewing Classic Styles" then threw in 3lb of puree from a can. It was super GOOD. I did a 10g split batch. One was american wheat, and then the raspberry wheat.

I made a really tasty raspberry wheat once by using Jamil's american wheat recipe from "Brewing Classic Styles" then threw in 3lb of puree from a can. It was super GOOD. I did a 10g split batch. One was american wheat, and then the raspberry wheat.

I also did a split batch recently of a honey dunkel wheat. One half got raspberry extract. I have to mix them at serving to reduce the raspberry. In short, stay away from the extract or add by the ml and taste often. Still when mixed it comes out good, but not great.

Thanks

Bring to boil the wheat extract as usual, then add the hops. Boil for 60 min. Cool down sanitize all the equipment then pour into the primary after the wort is down to 65-75 degrees. Add the wyeast y3333 german yeast.

I let mine ferment for two weeks. After about one week that's when I added some brown sugar and honey to up the abv and give a little taste. I let that sit for another week. Then I siphoned into the secondary. Left it in there for another week. I put a pound of pureed raspberries into the secondary about two days before I kegged it up.

Latest posts

Back