Lazy Man's Solution to fixing a bottled batch that never carbs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamjonsharp

Reaction score
IMG_21741.jpg

Blend it with another beer right before drinking!

I brewed a Bigfoot clone a couple years back. It ended up at about 11-12% using S-05. After bottling it never carbed. It tastes delicious, except that it's not carbed. So I blend it with another brew on hand. In this case, I blended the cellar temperature Bigfoot clone with one of my cold "American" Bitters. Now it's nicely carbed. Is it the same beer? No. Is it delicous? Yes. Especially today, on a rainy day when I can kick back and watch some football.
:mug:

IMG_21741.jpg

Blend it with another beer right before drinking!

I brewed a Bigfoot clone a couple years back. It ended up at about 11-12% using S-05. After bottling it never carbed. It tastes delicious, except that it's not carbed. So I blend it with another brew on hand. In this case, I blended the cellar temperature Bigfoot clone with one of my cold "American" Bitters. Now it's nicely carbed. Is it the same beer? No. Is it delicous? Yes. Especially today, on a rainy day when I can kick back and watch some football.
:mug:

I have been known to mix Bigfoot Barleywine and Budweiser (I know, but I read about it in a beer magazine and had to try it). Anyway, it's good! I call it "Budfoot." A side benefit is that it makes your 6-pack of Bigfoot last twice as long and I'm not kidding when I say it tastes great.

Back