Quick question About keging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowdrinker

Reaction score
:fro:

OK the first batch came out OK after all, so i got a keg and poured it in and hooked up the connection now when i dispense beer it has no gas its like flat any recommendations.

its a Cornelius Keg i hooked up the co2 to the side that has the short tube and the out to the one that goes to the bottom of the keg.
hope that right

slowdrinker said:
:fro:

OK the first batch came out OK after all, so i got a keg and poured it in and hooked up the connection now when i dispense beer it has no gas its like flat any recommendations.

its a Cornelius Keg i hooked up the co2 to the side that has the short tube and the out to the one that goes to the bottom of the keg.
hope that right

Did you try switching the connections to make sure you are using the correct gas side?

i looked up online and on you tube there was a video that hooked it up that way , do i have to shake it after i hook it up

How long have you had the keg on gas? It takes at least a week under standard serving pressure to get to the right carbonation without force carbing.

i have to say thanks to everybody the response when you post something is awesome.

Thanks

Force carb it at 15 – 20 psi cold for 2 days; check the beer and reduce or continue. It also really depends on your beer style, serving line length and temperature. That would be great if we could just keg, hook up the co2 and serve; but nature does not allow – damn nature… always making me wait!

There are psi / serving-length beer style sheets here on HBT, might be worth a look; I just ate a bunch of Irish food and beer so too lazy to search but it’s here! I promise!

Force carb at 30-40 psi for twenty four hours and shake it good for about 2 minutes about ten hours into it. After 24 hrs, turn down the psi to 10 or 11. You will be very happy with the first pour you make.

Back