Are there beers you simply would not keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f69/tits-up-imperial-ipa-3-time-medalist-2-golds-1-silver-92914/
I have plans of brewing this with my buddy this coming wednesday. I have a batch of beer on a big s-05 yeast cake to rack off and use the cake...anyway I have recently started kegging and this seems more like a bottled beer than one for the keg .. or am I wrong> Also if I DO keg it, can I split the batch into 2 kegs with 3 gallons in each so I can share with the brewing buddy?

See, that's still a beer I wouldn't mind having a bit of :p. Love IPAs. I'd keg it. And yeah, you can keg 3gallons only. Just purge the headspace.

I wouldn't keg a beer I wouldn't want that much of. Like a DFH 120 clone, or a really funky sour or something that's too much to have a full pint of, etc.

Only ones that need extended aging due to limited keg space, other than that, so much easier than bottling!

I'm thinking along the same lines as DPM. A beer that ages well, and that changes and develops over time, is an ideal candidate for bottling. It doesn't clog up one of your precious taps forever,and you get to see how it develops over time (years, potentially). A big, chewy RIS or a big Belgian are the types of beer that I would think of this for.

Back