Has anybody from Canada, ordered any products online from Hopdawgs homebrewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smalltownbrewer

Reaction score
I have been wanting to try BIAB for a while now and I live in Alberta and the LHBS around here are not great at all, so was looking at hopdawgs for all grain, their located in BC.

I live in Ontario and have ordered from Hopdawgs, items arrived within the week and excellent condition, including a 5L flask.

smalltownbrewer said:
I have been wanting to try BIAB for a while now and I live in Alberta and the LHBS around here are not great at all, so was looking at hopdawgs for all grain, their located in BC.

I live in Edmonton and I have placed two orders from Hopdawgs, once for equipment and grain, another for a large quantity of whole hops. I was very pleased with the experience and pricing, at least on the grain and hops. Chris, the owner and operator of Hopdawgs, seemed fast to respond to inquiries, was very helpful and got both shipments out quickly. And his price for my large order of whole hops was less than half what I would pay for pellet hops at the LHBS, which more than made up for the cost of shipping.

You could also have a look at Bosa Grape in Vancouver. They mostly do wine stuff but have moved into beer equipment and supplies recently. They have way more in store than what they show on their site. I'm sure a quick call to them if you didn't find it online would sort you out. Their prices are pretty reasonable too.

I live in Edmonton as well. I purchase from Winning Wines Plus south, and when I do order, it is always from HopDawgs. I just placed another order with Chris yesterday as a matter of fact. I can't say enough about HopDawgs, i wish they were local!

opusx11 said:
I live in Edmonton as well. I purchase from Winning Wines Plus south, and when I do order, it is always from HopDawgs. I just placed another order with Chris yesterday as a matter of fact. I can't say enough about HopDawgs, i wish they were local!

I wish the same thing. I've been thinking of ordering all of my specialty grain, hops and yeast from Hop Dawgs from now on and just buying my base malt from Winning Wines Plus. We only brew once a month but we brew two batches at a time (12 and 8 gallons) so we use a lot of base malt. It wouldn't be worth shipping 25kg bags.

I wish the same thing. I've been thinking of ordering all of my specialty grain, hops and yeast from Hop Dawgs from now on and just buying my base malt from Winning Wines Plus. We only brew once a month but we brew two batches at a time (12 and 8 gallons) so we use a lot of base malt. It wouldn't be worth shipping 25kg bags.

Yeah that's pretty much what I'm beginning to do for ordering. Almost everything small from HopDawgs, and anything big or last minute from the local places.

I just ordered the Fat Tire clone partial mash. The service was unbeatable. Mom and Dad live in Vernon. Dad was coming to Alberta on Tuesday and I placed the order Sunday night just before midnight. I emailed Hop Dawgs to ask if Dad could pick up the order before he left. They responded. . .at midnight! Dad stopped by on his way through and saved me some shipping.

I haven't got all my gear set up yet, but this will be my first brewing attempt. I think they are a small home based business so customer service is paramount and they do a helluva job!

Yeah, great service, I got my pale ale partial mash and it was 14$ to ship to southern Alberta, and took only 4 days. The hops smell amazing and the grain looks like they were crushed adequately, just disappointed they couldn't include a grain and hop bag, oh well.

I ordered from HopDawgs a couple of months ago and i have to say the experience was a good one. Great service, fast shipping and good communication. My LHBS has good prices so I don't mail order too often, but next time I have to it will be from Chris.

+1 to HopDawgs. I am located in Calgary and have a pretty good LHBS nearby (though the owners can be pretty crotchety some days, they have great beer making supplies for the all grain brewer).

I order hops, BIAB bags, yeast and other small items from Chris every few months and have never been disappointed. I also got a grain mill from him and it arrived no problem.

I'm also in Edmonton and I usually purchase from Winning Wines Lendrum location (discount available for Edmonton Homebrewers guild members). I have ordered from HopDawgs and Chris is every helpful and quick to respond! Great guy. Anyway I recommend both businesses highly.

I used hawpdogs, the delivery came fast and was packaged well. I will use them again. The shipping was very reasonable as well.

I tried their Fat Tire clone, and Cream ale partial mash kits, and both made excellent beers. Shipping was pretty reasonable too.

These days I order from my LHBS, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend HopDawgs to anyone wanting to try it.

Had a few hiccups with them but after getting in touch they sorted everything out. Don't see any reason to not go through them.

Back