1 down X to go

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adx

Reaction score
I just finished my first brew day. SWMBO helped out and loved the Star San; especially the foam. I don't think I'm going to get the spray bottle back from her. Every time anything went near the cooled wart she wanted to know that it had been sanitized.

We brewed a Copper Ale kit from Midwest and didn't have any major problems. I did have to go to the corner store and get some ice for an ice bath. I was going to try to cool with 2 gallons of frozen spring water, but I didn't get them into the freezer in time and they barely had ice chunks in them. The water got me me down to ~120F in about 2 minutes though. In total it took about 4 hours from to do a 30 minutes steeping and a 2.5 gallon, 1 hour boil with all the prep and cleanup. Getting a 5 gallon SS pot (only $30 at Marshall's) was a good idea. I didn't have to work about a boil over and it had great heat conduction on my stove top.

Congrats!!! The next few weeks while you wait for it to ferment will be hard! Just be patient!:cross:

Congrats!!!!

I'm only 2 weeks ahead of you and the waiting sucks!!!

I did the Autumn Amber Ale from Midwest, great kit and a fantastic experience.

Cheers!!! Hang tight.

John

Primary: empty
Secondary: empty
Bottled: #1 Autumn Amber Ale
On Deck: Octane IPA

Back