Keg Storage For Kolsch?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DZzero15

Reaction score
I'm brewing for a wedding and want to get as much of it done as much as possible beforehand. If I brewed my "Honey Kolsch" tomorrow, would the flavor be hurt by a few months in the keg? It's a kolsch-style beer with honey malt and flaked maize--so not very hoppy to begin with. Thoughts much appreciated!

Cheers,

DZ

:mug:

It would actually benefit from a long conditioning period AFTER fermentation is complete, but you really want the temp to be around 34-36F that whole time.

Can do! It'll be under CO2 as well. I figured it would be fine, just wanted to check to see if their might be an issuing with aging lighter beers like this one. Thanks!

The lower temp slows down the conditioning period, so a few months of aging at 34-36F is about the same thing as a few weeks at 70F, plus the low temperature helps with the crispness and clarity of the Kolsch.

Latest posts

Back