Built my own Son of Fermentation Cooler!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brockway

Reaction score
Summer has gotten ridiculous here. Actually started back in Spring though when I realized I wouldn't be able to make beer anymore since my A/C can't seem to get my apartment below 80F, let alone 68F.

Built it using these plans: 38DD Chiller and Original SoF Chiller

The 38DD plans I just used the instructions on how to get a digital thermostat to work. Mines a $20 Honeywell from Walmart, but it was the same as far as lengthening the leads to the thermistor goes. The SoF plans I used the dimensions, though I had to shuffle the pieces around around since my 9'x14' RMax insulation board was cut in half. Still worked out though since I had to mail the pieces to myself here in Sicily. RMax isn't what was called for, but it seems like it should work. R-5 is the about same R as the foamboard, but I'm only using 1" instead of 2. Probably means ice will only last 1/2 as long, but there was no way I'd fit 2" of the stuff in the mail. Got my Hawaiian punch bottle icing in the freezer for the test run tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back