Eisbach

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fosgate

Reaction score
I was drinking a few beers today after a long day brewing yesterday and was enjoying a Double Bock and I remember drinking and Eisbock in Germany on rare occasions. I saw Germans chill this stuff in a freezer and pull it out and pour the stuff like molasses into another beer. First time I drank the stuff was straight out of the bottle and it definitely is a night cap beer as this article mentions about it at the bottom of the page. I was awesome tasting and packed a punch and I really got the urge to try it after reflecting yesterdays brewing a batch of Black Ale and got it down to 40F without using my other chiller. Think I could get it pretty close to 32 and toss it in the deep freeze to get it to near freezing to get some ice out of it to get the stronger concentration. Think I'm going to give it a try in the next couple months. Anyone got a recipe with instructions?

http://www.epicurean.com/articles/pleasures-of-bock.html

Tonights beer.. eany, meany, miny...

278286_3739583250989_2054855219_o.jpg

Here's Jamil's Recipe Basically brew the recipe up through fermentation. After fermentation is done rack it off the yeast cake into another vessel and stick it in a freezer around 32. Check it periodically as it starts to slush up. When about a third of it has frozen rack the remaining liquid off. The proceed with your carbonation method of choice.

I've been meaning to try brewing a Eisbock as a stepping stone to trying to reach something like utopias. I'll have to give this a try

Back