Need help with name

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mojoman

Reaction score
I need help with a name for my third beer label. My first two are posted here already. In the fermenter is a Kolsch named Rathskeller Kolsch by my LHBS. This thing was a monster the first 9 hours of fermentation. It was my first blow-over, and was hissing and burping like crazy. My logo is our poodle, Mugsy (see previous labels). Any ideas for the next Poodle Piss label?

(attached pictures so others don't have to go searching)

1) Mugsy Red Ale
537367271_hkzga-M.jpg

2) Blue Unicorn Ale
537367421_4RSUj-M.jpg

Were you gonna keep using that same picture of mugsy for all your labels? It's not a bad picture but I would take different pics for each brew, something that brings out the name or character of the brew somehow...I know poodles are great at striking a pose whenever a camera is nearby, so take advantage! Or just use the same picture, its up to you. Where did you come up with blue unicorn ale? is that a blue moon clone? The Mugsy Red Ale is a good name, self explanatory and descriptive. Are you wanting to stick with that type of name or go with the off the wall type name like the unicorn? Either one is fine, I'm just trying to brainstorm here...you could name it poodle butt ale to go along with poodle piss brewery.

We came up with the Blue Unicorn one because it's a batch of blueberry ale and Mugsy's last hairdo left a long spike of hair that made him look like a unicorn. Add in a few home brews and you can guess the rest! I was trying to come up with something to do with the violent fermentation this batch had. I could use another photo if I had a new idea.
PS: Thanks for linking the pics for me.

If Poodle PIss wasn't the name of the brewery - it might make a great name for your brew.

Since it's German - How about Pincer Piss? A nice pic of a Dobie being scared of your poodle (and pissing himself) would be a priceless label.

Back