Double Duty False Bottom?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCGrayson

Reaction score
Slowly but surely I am building my AG system. I have a 10 gallon Rubbermaid drink cooler, and just got a 12" domed false bottom from my LHBS. I already have enough kegs to have 3 keggles and am as well slowly but surely building my Brutus style stand. Im estimating my Brutus build will be completed, three keggles in all, by this time next year.

That being said, is the domed false bottoms just bought sufficient for my future keggle use? Or should I return it for a false bottom with a center pickup tube? I question the domed false bottom with the oppositely domed bottom of a keggle. Seems like more dead space than necessary. At the end of the day, I'll be spending quite a bit on the Brutus build, so any penny saved now will just mean more beer brewed then......I'd rather not buy twice!

If you have a false bottom that has the 3/8" elbow hose barb with a locknut, then yes you could repurpose it by removing the barb and setting it up with another connection to go to your drain in the keg.

A short diptube inside would span the gap between the false bottom and curve of the bottom of the keg.

Latest posts

Back