Here I am! So glad that you are! Wichita, KS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennymae

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I've been lurking for a few weeks and have picked up quite a few good tips. Thanks!

I'm new to brewing and I figured I'd introduce myself.

I grew up in Santa Cruz, CA and went off to college at UCSD to study Biochemistry. After San Diego I moved up to Portland, OR, weaseled my way into a graduate computer science program and discovered what beer was all about at Rogue, Bridgeport and McMenamis brewpubs.

I'm in Wichita, KS now and there's a definite lack of beer action so I've decided to take to plunge.

Last month I brewed a couple extract kits that have been pretty "MEH". I switched to all grain this month but nothing is ready to drink yet.

Anyways, back to forums for more profound BEER WISDOMS!

Cheers,

Ken

Welcome to HBT and Wichita. While I don't live in Wichita, I work here. I am a new brewer too.

Good Luck,

Welcome to HBT and taking the plunge into brewing. Good luck with Wichita - I did my time there.

Thanks, everyone!

I'll have an update on my first AG Hefe soon. I had a mold scare in my secondary but I think (hope!) what I saw was just a peculiar ring of tiny bubble clusters. I took some pictures and will share once I upgrade here.

Ken

Hello from Emporia,

I'm posting here to catch some other KS brewers. Sorry that this is a bit off topic.

Here in Emporia, we have a brewing get-together once a year, but there's a big lack of camaraderie and sharing among brewers the other 364 days of the year. I've heard similar sentiments from fellow brewers across Kansas, and so I propose a solution: let's start a club!

While there are already clubs in a few KS cities, I know most brewers would be willing to travel an hour or so to attend brewing tastings/competitions, and would love to share information with each other about events, recipes, etc.

To begin, we could share events in our towns with each other. In time, if we want, we could share recipes or even organize tastings, brew sessions, swaps, and friendly competitions.

I started a site at http://kansasbrewers.weebly.com. I thought this would be the easiest way to share info with each other. If you're interested, have suggestions, or are passing through Emporia and want to talk/drink beer, let me know!

Cheers,
Anthony Hartman

Back