King Kooker 30"??? a

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JesseRC

Reaction score
Just saw this online at Costco. Does the price and quality seem good. I'd appreciate any relative comments. I do 5 and 10 g all grain recipes and I've never use a Jet burner before:

Costco - King Kooker 30" Outdoor Propane Patio Cart=
With 105,000 BTU Jet Burner and 60,000 BTU Cast Burner

Item # 439672
Be the first to write a review. Share this Product: </IMG> </IMG> </IMG> </IMG>
$149.99

Shipping & Handling included *

439672.jpg

Heavy Duty Bolt Together Outdoor Portable Propane 30" Patio Cart with 105,000 BTU Jet Burner and 60,000 BTU Cast Burner.

Features:
  • Angle Iron Construction
  • Wheels for Ease of Mobility
  • Listed LP Hoses and Regulator with Type 1 Connection and Brass Needle Valves
  • Two Deep Fry Thermometers
  • Four Color Labeled Box
  • Instruction/Recipe Booklet
  • CSA Design Certified

Are there dimensions listed for either of those? I wonder if they are big enough to support keggles?

I know for sure the Academy one will support keggles, have a few club members that have the exact stands.

I do not know the exact btus it puts out, but it is a hi pressure regulator and again from experience with club members it has no troubles boiling a full keggle either.

opinion

Stay away, i bought a king kooker triple burner from Cabelas. i was a POS welds looked like bird Sh_t and it was lop sided. It wouldnt sit level. Missing parts and striped bolts and nuts...just a big pile.

i had returned it the very next day..

if your going to spend hundreds of dollars spend wisely go for things that can be
modified ..IE i bought three bayou classics w/legs about 6 months ago in hope of building a brew rig... when i was ready to make a rig i used the burners , cut the legs off and welded them in the stand..

If I was in texas, I'd buy the academy one. If I wasn't, I'd buy the Bayou CLassic one. The king cooker just looks, unstable.

Back