Just commited taste bud suicide...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timduncan200021

Reaction score
So I was just at a gas station with a buddy of mine, a die hard bud man, and he was picking up some his beer and I was along for the ride. My first brew just finished recently and I have been trying to get him to try it but he is dead set against it saying that nothing is better then bud. Now I get that to each their own and if he is happy with bud then so be it, but I am really excited by the beer I made and think it tastes fantastic and want someone else to try it. At the gas station he agrees he will try my beer only after I finish a 40 of schlitz malt liquor.... Now I have drank some of these in college but I forgot just how nasty they taste. I downed the 40 and he tried my beer and lo and behold he likes it a lot. The sacrifices I make for my friends to introduce them to good beer. #takingonefortheteam

I did not drink it out of a paper bag... That must be why it tastes so horrible but I did play some old school rap for the occasion, it added to the ambience

So I was just at a gas station with a buddy of mine, a die hard bud man, and he was picking up some his beer and I was along for the ride. My first brew just finished recently and I have been trying to get him to try it but he is dead set against it saying that nothing is better then bud. Now I get that to each their own and if he is happy with bud then so be it, but I am really excited by the beer I made and think it tastes fantastic and want someone else to try it. At the gas station he agrees he will try my beer only after I finish a 40 of schlitz malt liquor.... Now I have drank some of these in college but I forgot just how nasty they taste. I downed the 40 and he tried my beer and lo and behold he likes it a lot. The sacrifices I make for my friends to introduce them to good beer. #takingonefortheteam

Your a real friend bro

Yes this is true. And then on the way out the door he asked if he could take a sixer home to share with the wife. I'm happy i succeeded in turning him but I will have to pay him back for making me drink the schlitz

Yes this is true. And then on the way out the door he asked if he could take a sixer home to share with the wife. I'm happy i succeeded in turning him but I will have to pay him back for making me drink the schlitz

make him drink king cobra ..that will make you even

at least he didn't force you to drink crazy horse

Now that he'll drink your homebrew, make a 1-gallon batch 6 oz of Columbus at 60 mins, and dry hop it with the same for 4-6 months. Give it to him. You will be even.

i have a ( former ) sister who usta drink zima. not sure if she's still welcome back into the family... well, yeah, i guess she is. that's been 30 years. that's enough penance for the crime.

If he wants the next six'er make him Edward 40 hands some Camo XXX. Alright, after he does that you might owe him 24.

For those who don't know what Edward 40 hands is. You duct tape a 40 in each hand aka Edward Scissor Hands. They wont be removed untill those 40's are consumed. I don't remember a lot of college.

Did you drink the 40 out of a paper bag? I believe that's the proper serving vessel for that style. It enhances the lack of hops, and it keeps you from getting arrested.

I've always been privately amused at the idea of the paper bag being "arrest insurance"...

"(pssssht-click)...CALLING ALL CARS: BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR HOMIES DRINKING 40'S OF MALT LIQUOR....(pssssht-click)"

Squad 54: "(pssssht-click)... Ahhhh I'm in pursuit of several suspected 40-packin-perps.. Request backup....(pssssht-click)"

Squad 54: "(pssssht-click)... Ahhhh cancel...cancel.... they're drinking paper bags here... abort, nothing to see here...."(pssssht-click)...

{EDIT: is has been pointed out to me the proper term is closer to "Fo'ties", not 40's..... my bad....}

I've always been privately amused at the idea of the paper bag being "arrest insurance"...

"(pssssht-click)...CALLING ALL CARS: BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR HOMIES DRINKING 40'S OF MALT LIQUOR....(pssssht-click)"

Squad 54: "(pssssht-click)... Ahhhh I'm in pursuit of several suspected 40-packin-perps.. Request backup....(pssssht-click)"

Squad 54: "(pssssht-click)... Ahhhh cancel...cancel.... they're drinking paper bags here... abort, nothing to see here...."(pssssht-click)...

Hey, there could be a Diet Pepsi in there. You never know.

I think he was sure he'd get sick drinkin that "hooch" of yours that he was gunna get even first by making you drink a 40 of that sweet freakin puke. god I hate that garbage. wouldn't feed it to my dog. Make him drink a king cobra before he gets that 6'r. Turn about is fair play afterall.

Folks, just to put the word out, that paper bag isn't as fool-proof a method of cop insurance as I know it undoubtedly seems. Rolling down the street a couple of days ago, see two cop cars parked at odd angles next to a garbage can, look to see, and they've got a guy in the back of the car, and one cop is pouring out a paper-wrapped 40 into the garbage can. Not out on the ground, in the can. I'm sure the guy who comes around to collect the cans will just love it when he pulls the bag out and that **** flys out all over his shoes. Anyway, put the word out, the cops are finally onto that whole paper bag thing.

Also, the true evil genius of the aforementioned Edward 40hands is indeed that they don't come off until both have been consumed, so if you want to go to the bathroom, you gotta drink quick, or ask a friend for a really personal favor.

If he wants the next six'er make him Edward 40 hands some Camo XXX. Alright, after he does that you might owe him 24.

For those who don't know what Edward 40 hands is. You duct tape a 40 in each hand aka Edward Scissor Hands. They wont be removed untill those 40's are consumed. I don't remember a lot of college.

Oh gawd! If I'm ever in the mood for blacking out for 24 hours and waking up naked in the fetal position in a gutter somewhere, Camo is the drink for me! I'm pretty sure Camo and Steel Reserve are a plot to cull the homeless population.

Some of those college promos were interesting.

Reminds me of the "Bladder Buster"....$1.00 bottles of beer UNTIL someone goes to the bathroom. They eventually stopped when they discovered people urinating in strange places to avoid being the person to end the special. (You DON'T want to be the one to end $1.00 beers...bad karma)

Latest posts

Back