HBT Brewing "Dream Team"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jak1010

Reaction score
OK, being here for a while, you get to know certain members...You can tell that there are beginners who are just finding their way, there are some who only brew beer, only wine, etc. Some have their brewing boundaries extended into multiple categories and ferment anything possible.

With that in mind, consider who you would recruit if you were opening a brewery and wanted to assemble "The Dream Team" of Brew Masters.

Start with a category "Beer" and your top 3 picks from any and all of all HBT members who would be on your team.

Looking forward to the ideas...

AJdelange
Denny
Brewkaiser

Imagine if brewing knowledge of the best HBT'er was this Twinkie... With these guys in your brew house that Twinkie would be 35 feet long and weigh approximately 600 pounds.

Yooper. She's extremely smart and fun to be around. Throw in Denny, maybe Kai (Love his cool accent and his attention to detail and his knowledge), maybe BrewMcq for the crazy fun factor, and of course Whil Wheaton! (I spell it like Stewie pronounces it!)

[QUOTE="... maybe Kai (Love his cool accent and his attention to detail and his knowledge), ......"[/QUOTE]

I Think that's who I was thinking about.

AJdelange
Denny
Brewkaiser

Imagine if brewing knowledge of the best HBT'er was this Twinkie... With these guys in your brew house that Twinkie would be 35 feet long and weigh approximately 600 pounds.

Ghostbusters reference?

Yooper. She's extremely smart and fun to be around. Throw in Denny, maybe Kai (Love his cool accent and his attention to detail and his knowledge), maybe BrewMcq for the crazy fun factor, and of course Whil Wheaton! (I spell it like Stewie pronounces it!)

Thanks for the nice words.

Of that group, I've actually had beers with three of those folks (including Homercidal himself), and been ripped with two of them! :D

I'd love to brew with just about anybody from the forum. I've brewed with a few already, but not too many. Homercidal is fun to brew with, but he doesn't drink enough.

It's no fun to drink enough when the wife and kids are there! (Also the hangover...)

I think anyone with some science and/or good stories to tell. Someone who brings good brewing food comes a close second!

Revvy, Yooper, and myself of course :D

Couldn't agree more with that selection, but I would also have to include bobby_m in that group. I have learned so much about all grain brewing by reading his article and following his exact procedures my efficient is always in excess of 84%.

No thanks.

I'm comfortable brewing alone; it would be too much work brewing with other brewers because everyone would be smiling and silently cursing the other... "Denny put the hops in 2 seconds too late!", "Yooper didn't rehydrate all of the grains of dried yeast!", "Revvy and his grain mill, I could do a better crush than that with my bare hands!", "EAC didn't treat their water!", "Craigtube got his grains at the discount store now the enzyme count is down!"...

But the hot scotchies might coerce cooperation... speaking of which, I'm gonna have to try a ?hot rummie? one of these times.

I vote Yooper (of course!) PTN and Cape (even with the bickering)... and if i could have a fourth i'd pick the_bird.

I would LOVE to brew with you guys! I'd love to see PTN and Cape fight it out, while you and I and bird drink a few. That seems like an awesomely great brewday.

All my subscribers...you know who you are!! And make some tizwin & fry bread with kwtell. Uuhhh...boy this is kinda tough to really nail down. Def revvy & yooper,but she has to bring Bob. Def Craig Farraway,since he helped get me started. Steeljan might be nice as well. But for the love of all that is sacred,please do not bring TSA. He's just to friggin annoying. Bring him along,& I'll find a new use for my cane...:drunk:

Back