Finding cheap beer glasses? Tulip pints.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevelle383

Reaction score
Anyone know were to get decent priced beer glasses? Specifically Im looking for "tulip" or "irish" pint glasses see pic below. The one sI find are like $4-$5 each. and Im looking for like at least a dozen so thats kinda steep. Thanks in advance:mug:

tulip pint.jpg

I get the 16 oz pilsner glasses in my avatar at dollar tree for a buck each. They chill fast when beer is poured,& hold it for a reasonable time. Can't beat them for the price. They have several styles of glasses,so check it out. Good glasses for cheap is always a good thing.

Have you tried Cash n Carry? Not sure if they stock imperial pints or not but since your in the NW, it's worth a shot.

My dollar tree had English pint glasses forever, well until I remembered to go get a dozen or so, they were out and never got more in.

I picked up several of these glasses instead.

Strawberry_Blonde_003.jpg

I get the 16 oz pilsner glasses in my avatar at dollar tree for a buck each. They chill fast when beer is poured,& hold it for a reasonable time. Can't beat them for the price. They have several styles of glasses,so check it out. Good glasses for cheap is always a good thing.

^ This. I swear by them. By now I have bought probably 50 or more as gifts and for personal use.

Walmart.

The last time I braved that hole, I found they had both imperial and standard pint glasses at $8 for 12...

My dollar tree had English pint glasses forever, well until I remembered to go get a dozen or so, they were out and never got more in.

I have one of those and I like it because of the flare top that give the head a little more room to expand instead of spilling onto the kitchen floor. :mug:

pipes, whiskey ... I think I'm in love...

No picture of them, but SWMBO said she picked up mine at Target 8x 22 oz. pilsner style glasses for 12 bucks. She classed'em up by etching my initials into'em. Great bday gift. The glasses have really nice weight, and don't tell SWMBO but I've durability tested and they stand up quite nicely.

I got some great pint glasses at TJMaxx, like 6 for $5. While the wife is shopping, what else am I gonna look for but beer glasses and brew utensels in the cooking section?

I just remembered,I inherited some rather odd beer glasses when pop died. IDK where the rest of his brewing stuff went. but these glasses are shaped kinda like a chalice. Like the ones the priest uses in church. But glass,& looks to hold a pint. I gotta dig up some of those down stairs. You guys gotta see these.

BEEN ALL OVER TOWN TODAY!!!! Pilsners, and english Pints galore but alas, no irish style. DAMN IT! Well I did find some overpriced ones with guinness logos but no way. online or bust I guess.

Check out Cost plus Imports or there is another import store I forgot the name but they had some great beer glasses pretty cheap. Dont remember if they have Irish or something similar.

I picked up six 10oz tulip "pint" glasses of the sort you are looking for at Ikea for $3.79 total for all six. They are great if you have a kegerator, or for bombers that don't fit in a real pint glass anyway. Not as great for 12oz bottles; but with homebrew I tend to leave the last ounce or so in the bottle with the sediment anyway so it's pretty close.

unionrdr said:
I just remembered,I inherited some rather odd bear glasses when pop died. IDK where the rest of his brewing stuff went. but these glasses are shaped kinda like a chalice. Like the ones the priest uses in church. But glass,& looks to hold a pint. I gotta dig up some of those down stairs. You guys gotta see these.

Sound like a perfect Belgian Trappist or Abbey glass!

Sound like a perfect Belgian Trappist or Abbey glass!

The thing about them is,there's no stem to it. The bottom is like the bottom of a regular glass,but the top part is bowed out like a hemispherical shape. Reminding me of an ancient chalice of sorts. I'm still trying to find the box full of them.

Back