Kegerator (Discount Tommy)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlc767

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking that you can make one yourself for MUCH less money that will hold MANY more kegs. I mean for that price you can buy a full size fridge or freezer on craigslist, a kegging system, as well as a conversion thermostat.

My experience with discount tommy? I bought a Victoria (corona style) mill from them and the hopper wouldn't even fit onto it. Whenever I want to use it I have to duct tape it onto the mill.

I'm thinking that you can make one yourself for MUCH less money that will hold MANY more kegs. I mean for that price you can buy a full size fridge or freezer on craigslist, a kegging system, as well as a conversion thermostat.

+1

I am not "handy" per se and I built a dope keezer with all new parts, freezer included - for less than this and it holds way more kegs. Do a little research on this site, specifically under the DIY and kegging/bottling tabs and you will soon find you can make something much more functional, less expensive, and have the personal satisfaction of DIY. Good luck!

Back