Man I Love This Hobby.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tchuklobrau

Reaction score
It seems that over every winter I forget just how amazing these plants really are. I find myself going daily to the beergarden to check my hops. Well every day im rewarded with another 1-3 inches of growth and am amazed. I love being able to sit in my beergarden and watch em sipping on a homebrew. What a great hobby this brewing turned into.

This is my second year growing hops. I had a handful of cones last year. This year I hope for something I can actually brew with.

this is my 5th year i used my hops for the 1st time last year, what a difference freshness makes. My hops however are as mush for decoration as they are for brewing.

I must admit that I go out and check on them every day as well. I think of it like a horse race, which ever produces the first will get brewed with the 1st. I think my Cascades will win due to being almost 4 feet in lenght already.

beerloaf

This is hilarious but I am the same way. I actually try to give myself reasons not to go check on them so that I can be surprised how much they have grown after 2-3 days. SWMBO thinks Im nuts!! LOL

It's always a good idea to check up on them daily in the spring (especially wet springs) to find any shoots affected by downy mildew. These should be removed as quickly as you notice them to help prevent the disease from spreading. Some years are worse than others. IPM!

i even pour them a little beer from time 2 time(is that technically canibalistic?)

Back