bottlebombs.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

songe

Reaction score
Well, my problems is that i've had two bottles exploding. I've used 135g of priming sugars for a 5 gal batch of Belgian beer, And they have been in bottles for nearly a week.

I did put like 20 of them in my fridge to stop the fermentation in the bottles to save some of them.

But i don't quit know what went wrong here? It might be i didn't stir the priming sugars enough in my batch or are there other solutions? The beer is not infected coz im drinking some of it now and its really good

How long did you ferment the beer? What was the final gravity? And did you take more than one gravity reading at final.

My guess is that it was bottled while there was still some fermentation happening. That would create co2, then adding the priming sugar would create more.

If you get bottles that are not carbonated as well as the bombs then it would be an uneven mix of the priming sugar.

I suggest a heavy long sleeve shirt, leather gloves, and a face shield when handling the bottles.

FG was 1002 when i took my first FG it was 1010 so i waited two weeks and got the 1002 reading

Latest posts

Back