OK Forgive me, I'm new and have to ask.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lapaglia

Reaction score
2 weeks ago I bottled a batch of cider. EC-1118 OG 1.056 FG 1.000 after 5 weeks. Bottled 1 gallon with 1 oz priming sugar.
I had one bottle that was 3/4th full. A few people said that one might over carb. Has it been long enough that I can chill that one and see what its like. Someone mentioned it was a possible bottle bomb and another said it wasn't. So as long as I want to test one anyway it seems like the right one to open. If it is not a problem then Ill let it go another week but if there is a chance this one will really over carb then Ill chill and open it.

Once I get this out of my system I think I can settle down. I am on my second and haven't felt the need to run here for help every 35 minutes like the first one.

Pretty soon you'll be able to go an entire hour without having to come here for help! :p To answer your question, yes you can open it just fine now. It will be overcarbed, but it wont' make bottle bombs like some people say.

:rockin:WOW a whole hour??? honest and for real? Thats more time to stare at the bubbles in the carboy.

Thanks. The rest are sitting till New Years. Its easy when you cant drink.

Back