Coupler will not go on?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dozens

Reaction score
I'm kegging my first batch and have had the CO2 on my keg for a couple days. I was gonna try it but no matter what I cannot get the coupler to fit on the OUT post. Like, I can push it on and force it but I cannot get the ring to snap back down (if that makes sense).

edit: like, it will go aaaaaaaalmost all the way on but just not far enough. i'm putting all my body weight on it and it just won't. maybe strike it? i can push the little post down in the thing on the keg and it sprays a little, so that seems good, and i'm getting a little beer in the line, but it's just not working.

Assuming it's ball-lock, you might try pulling the ring back and pushing all of the balls into their recesses. They can get stuck.

Do not hit the coupler with anything! They break quite easily.

Any chance you got your couplers or posts switched? They are not exactly the same size posts, but close. I did that my first time, but I got them both on. Then I had a dickens of a time removing them later.

Also try removing the o ring on the post. If it snaps on without the o ring, either you need to replace the o ring, or the o ring is the wrong size, or you just need a little lube.

Any chance you got your couplers or posts switched? They are not exactly the same size posts, but close. I did that my first time, but I got them both on. Then I had a dickens of a time removing them later.

Any way of telling which is which?

I did finally get it on after giving it a little "heavy-tap" with a blunt instrument and all seems good, however I can tell i'm gonna have to damn near break it to get it off..... so yeah, I'm betting they are switched. Sucks cause that means the seller I bought my kit from had them switched since they came preassembled.

I bought some kegs online and the seller replaced the poppets with universal ones before sending them out. Well, they werent so universal in one of my kegs. The springs were too long. I emailed them and they sent me some shorter ones that do the job.

Sounds like the same problem i had.

Back