recipies needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DerekPruder

Reaction score
Hi all looking for recipies of some major beers if anyone knows a link please post.. Looking for Miller Genuine Draft and Heineken or bud.

Thanks

Two problems:

1. Most of the people here are opposed to those beers
2. They are quite complicated to brew.

Sorry its not that i wanted to clone the beer, maybe i should put it another way. Does anyone have recipies that have a simular taste to those beers. Theses are some beers that i enjoy.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Budweiser Clone[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]by Karl Glarner Jr.[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]
This is a great, easy-to-make pilsner-style beer made with ale yeast — no lagering
required. Comes close to many commercial light pilsners, with just a bit more flavor. (5
gallons)

Ingredients:

• 2.5 lbs. extra light dry malt extract
• 1.5 lbs. light honey
• 1 oz. Cascade hops (6% alpha acid): 0.25 oz. for 60 min., 0.25 oz. for 30 min.,
0.5 oz. for steeping
• 1 tsp. Irish moss for 15 min.
• 1 tsp. gypsum
• Wyeast 1056 (American ale) or Yeast Lab Canadian ale (AO7)
• 3/4 cup corn sugar for priming

Step by Step:

Bring 2 gal. water to boil. Remove from heat and add dry malt, honey, and gypsum. Return
to boil. Total boil is 60 min. Add 0.25 oz. Cascade and boil for 30 min. Add 0.25 oz. Cascade
and boil for 15 min. more. Add Irish moss and boil for 15 min. more. Turn off heat, add 0.5
oz. Cascade hops, and steep for 2 min. Pour into fermenter and top up with cold, preboiled
water. When cooled below 70° F pitch yeast.

Ferment seven to 10 days in primary at 70° F or below, then transfer to secondary and
ferment another seven days. Prime and bottle.
[/FONT]

DerekPruder said:
Sorry its not that i wanted to clone the beer, maybe i should put it another way. Does anyone have recipies that have a simular taste to those beers. Theses are some beers that i enjoy.
You know you can just buy those beers cheaper than you can brew them? Why waste your time and money making the same swill you can buy at every beer store in town?

if it was about the time and energy i would go and buy them, its the enjoyment of creating something that is appealing to me

Bravo for you Derek!I can relate to desire to create.I've brewed a bunch of complex ales with lots of different grains and frankly i'm kinda missing the simpler tasting paler beers myself.I think i'll try the recipe Cheese posted if i can convert it to AG,although i'd probly hop it up a little more.
Cheers:mug:

For my first batch I went all experimental based on days of researching hops and recipes.

Last edited by a moderator:
homebrewer_99 said:
Isn't American Buttwiper like homebrew only instead of using 5 gals of water you add 12?:D :D

Interesting fact about Budwieser: The final gravities of the finished "product" come in at 0.0987. That is a gravity less than the density of distilled water! I think they achieve this by adding a lot of rice. I suppose if you wanted to approximate the effect, just add 30% rice extract to a light DME and ferment forever.

Back