New chest freezer lagering chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trigger

Reaction score
So today I got a 9.0 CF Frigidaire chest freezer from Lowes with my book money. I didn't have to buy any new textbooks this term, so why not invest it? Right now it's just got 2 lagers in it, the other two are ales that are getting carbed until there is room in the hotrod. The plan is to add a collar to it, which should let me get a bucket or carboy up on the hump with the CO2. Right now it's holding steady at 35 with the onboard thermostat set to its lowest setting. I also ordered an aquarium temp controller off ebay to instal in the collar so I can set the differential and control the temp a bit more precisely.

P2160210.jpg

P2160211.jpg

And here's the lineup: Fermentation chamber - Hotrod - Lagering chamber

P2160212.jpg

Well, I spent the last 8 years being one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children (Marine Corps). School's free now, so I'm finally finishing off my undergrad degrees. Hopefully I'll be in grad school next year or the year after, and I expect the brewing to take a hit then. And I find that brewing is the perfect way to study, since in a 3 1/2 hour brew session I'm only actively engaged for about and hour.

Back