HELP - Beer pouring from shank/faucet connection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

landhoney

Reaction score
So first keg/shank/faucet no problem. The second one, the beer is coming out of the holes in the shank used to tighten the shank to faucet. Same faucets(ventmatic) and same shanks(micromatic-stainless). The only thing I can think is that the splines are not lining up or they aren't sealing or something. If the only fix is to repalce one or the other, I'm going to be pissed. But if that's what I have to do, so be it. Any ideas/help?

There should be teeth on the back of the faucet and the front of the shank, some times i have to jiggle mine a little bit to get them to line up, and sit right.

Cheers

Yeah, I tried that, it seems like the teeth/splines are lined up/seating. If I push the faucet on, don't tighten the shank, I can move/turn the shank by twisting the faucet. This makes me think the teeth/splines are lined up b/c the shank is moving w/o being tightened to the faucet. It seems like that must be the problem, but they seem to be lining up, tried connecting/re-connecting 5 times.

If I remember right there is an o-ring that goes in the back of the faucet, is it in the second one? Sounds simple but i know that i have forgotten many times to put an o-ring back in the right place and had something leak

Hope you figure it out soon
Cheers

wop31 said:
If I remember right there is an o-ring that goes in the back of the faucet, is it in the second one? Sounds simple but i know that i have forgotten many times to put an o-ring back in the right place and had something leak

Hope you figure it out soon
Cheers

Me too, I took the faucet off and checked. Yes there is an o-ring in there. MUst be something else. Thanks for the ideas, any others - or anybody else know what's going on.

Anytime I've had this issue, it was a tightening issue.

Tightened more and it went away.

Are the threads OK? Did you gll the fitting?

olllllo said:
Anytime I've had this issue, it was a tightening issue.

Tightened more and it went away.

Are the threads OK? Did you gll the fitting?

Not sure what the last question was? "gll"
I tightened it as tight as the other, I'll try tightening it as much as I dare. To me it seems like the splines/teeth must not be 'seating' or meshing together. They're supposed to meet and be flush/tight - but that seems to be where the beer is POURING from. But d*amned if i know how to fix it. Thanks for the advice.

No everything was new, doesn't seem damaged in any way. The other line is connected/working, but I'm going to disconnect it and compare all parts, maybe even switch faucets/shanks to see if I can find if one or the other is faulty.

Back