Look What I Got

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brutus Brewer

Reaction score
I was in Louisville this week for a trade show and last night I stopped by a liquor store that was down the street from my hotel. They had a great selection and here is what I picked up:

Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary Ale
Sierra Nevada Estate Ale
Samuel Smith Organic Cider
Samuel Smith Yorkshire Stingo
Bluegrass Brewing Company Hell For Certain
Founders Red RyePA
Woodford Reserve Bourbon

IMG00052-20101203-1527.jpg
[/IMG]

The only one I've had is the Founders and I can't wait to get into the Estate Ale and Stingo. I had originally gone in for a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle 20 year old bourbon but they didn't have any so I got the Woodford Reserve.

Actually no, it was the Liquor Barn on Hurstbourne. I'll make a point to check out the place on Market next time I'm in Louisville.

Ah, the Liquor Barn here in Lexington does not have the Sierra Nevada Estate. Looks like I'm making a trip.

I want to know what the Sam Smith Cider and Stingo taste like. We can get the Stingo here in KS but I haven't seen the Cider

Stingo just landed a perfect score according to Draft magazine. It's certainly on my list now.

Liquor Barn and the Louisville Beer Store are just incredible treasures, as is My Old Kentucky Homebrew. As I no longer live near Bells and Founders I'm damn glad to live so close to Louisville.

The Liquor Barn waaaaaaaaaay out Westport Road (by Tinseltown) has an even better selection than the Hurstbourne store.

Latest posts

Back