Which CO2 splicer is better?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cranny04

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm about to pull the trigger on a keg setup. I'm looking at two kits.

One from Keg Cowboy and one from Keg Connection.

The only difference I can see is the CO2 splicers.

Any suggestions for which is better?

Thanks

with CO2 splitters/manifolds the most important thing in having check valves. After that make sure the barb OD fits your hose ID. If all that is the same then I like the fact that the Keg Connection manifold isn't connected to the regulator. This freedom can be beneficial in a kegerator design should you build one in the future.

The one from Keg Connection is better, IMO... Partially due to it containing an actual manifold, not just a "Y" splitter. IME, the manifold is a much better idea since it allows you to position it where YOU want. It's also easier to have the CO2 tank outside of the fridge/keezer and have just one line going into the fridge/keezer to feed the kegs.

At least both have swivel nuts on the beer and gas lines, so you don't need to worry about changing the lines later on. I would call up Keg Connection and get them to change the beer lines to 10' long and see about adding actual faucets to the package. If you go with the cheap ones, like shown by Keg Cowboy, see if they'll at least be close to the same price. I don't see the beer line length listed on the Keg Cowboy page, but from what it looks like, it's also 5'. A good baseline/starting point is 10' of 3/16" ID beer line.

Since they both have check valves in the gas lines, the Keg Connection manifold would swing the deal for me.

i will be pulling the trigger on a two tap fridge setup soon as my birthday is in the begining and im going to go with kegconnection

I'm sure those options are solid but this might be a more economical possibility if you have a regulator and one faucet. Only $16.

ForumRunner_20111110_213158.jpg

The Keg Cowboy kit includes the shanks and faucets for the fridge, but the Keg Connection kit you posted has only party taps. I bought a complete kit with 2 pin lock kegs, faucets/shanks, tank, hoses, and regulator from Keg Connection six months ago for $250. Good stuff and I'm a happy camper.

Back