Anyone ever get a yeast bath?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jturie

Reaction score
Went to smack a pack of Wyeast 1084 Irish Ale for my stout. Guessing the packaging was defective, because when I hit it, a seam ruptured and blasted most of the contents right in my face!

Good news is that Northern Brewer, as usual, answered my email really fast and immediately stuck a replacement in the mail.

I think I'm cursed when it comes to stouts. I've dumped 3 batches in my life--two were stouts. My first ever stout, back in my bottling days in the late 1980s, turned two cases of bottles into bombs. My last batch came out OK, but I made a bunch of dumb errors during brewing, and I had a fermentation bomb all over the ceiling. We had gone away for the weekend, so I have no idea how long the beer was open to the air.

However, just to prove that I am a glutton, I'm considering adding a nitro tap to my kegerator.....

I usually don't use wyeast but I just picked up a pack of 1056 today. I was trying to smack it in the car before driving home and it wasn't cooperating. I found it easier to just find the pouch and squeeze it with 2 fingers and pop it like that, worked like a charm.

Only used wyeast a couple of times, haven't had a problem.

At the brewery I work at I got covered in so much yeast/trub I had to take shower and change all of my clothes.

I had one pop myself about a year ago. Luckily not in my face. I just stopped popping the nutrient pack. You don't need it anyway, it's more of a viability indicator than anything.

Latest posts

Back