NW Murderer Survivalist a homebrewer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BainbridgeBrewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I was just checking up on the latest news about the murder suspect who built this bunker in the foothills of the Cascades outside of North Bend, WA. I saw this picture and immediately wondered if this guy maybe planned on doing some homebrewing while he hid out in the bunker he had been apparently building for 8 years. I still think he's a sick person for what he allegedly did, but still it made me wonder. I see two kegs and a carboy here, plus a #$%& ton of ammo.

2018096460.jpg

Good catch - yea he's definitely a brewer it looks like. But I guess that doesn't really surprise me. He's a self-proclaimed survivalist. Men like knowing how things work and making things themselves. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if he was working on a "Knotty Pine Keezer" clone.

Why do these guys always kill themselves? If that's what he was going to do, he could have just sat in his hole and done it. Leave the family, random people and pets out of it.

I mean, you kill all these people. Then, you kill yourself. You don't even get to enjoy the world without those people in it.

Maybe he was "saving them".

This guy should have left his family alone and just gone into hiding in this bunker. He'd planned it for over 8 years and it took what? A 1 day siege to break him? There's a sick part of me that almost feels disappointed in his bunker building skills. 8 years is a long time. Didn't he see tear gas down the chimney? I'm happy none of the law enforcement people were injured, and I hope he hasn't booby trapped any part of the forest around that bunker. That's one of my favorite parts of the Cascades to day hike.

That made our papers too. I could not understand why parked at a trailhead and the bunker was only a few hundred yards away? I saw the cornies and thought about beer but figured it was for water.

That made our papers too. I could not understand why parked at a trailhead and the bunker was only a few hundred yards away? I saw the cornies and thought about beer but figured it was for water.

Yeah, I have friends that use cornies to hold water for camping/hunting trips.

Latest posts

Back