Auber 2441 settings (burner shuts off one degree higher than set point)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoomerHarley

Reaction score
Hi,
I am hoping someone can help me figure out the setting on my Auber controller. I basically set everything up as indicated on the manual. Using autotune and it works great.

However, if I have the set temp at 150, the burner will stay on until exactly 151, then shut off. It will then rise another degree due to ambient heat. So the easy fix is to set it two degrees lower than what I want, however that's not what I want to do for two reasons.

1. I want it to work as expected.
2. If I set it at 148, it will heat up until 149, shut off and temp raises to 150. However it will maintain the temp at 148, so I have to adjust it manually which kind of defeats the purpose.

I assume there is some setting to adjust the offset and have it switch off at 150, as indicated on the dial. Better yet would be if the burner shut off a degree lower than the set point but maintained it at 150.

Any ideas?

Check your dead ban setting (Google it) that is usually 1 degree. So your target temp + dead ban equals your result. I set mine at 0.5 degree and my temp fluctuates between the set point degree and one degree higher. I have been using this setup with a propane furnace valve for years. Trust me, you will never never notice the difference.

It is also common in the beginning for it to go above the first couple of firings and then level out after that.

I have the same PID that I too am using with a gas valve, although I've yet to brew on this set up I've read the instruction about a million times. I agree with the statement about setting the dead band or HY setting, .5 to 1 should in theory do the trick.

Was brewing last night when all of a sudden my SV was reading 10, however when I went to adjust it it displayed correctly but went back to 10, the PID was controlling to want I had set in SV. So why is SV reading 10 when it's should read what I in putted?

Thanks for the info guys, I'll try it. I haven't checked this thread until now because it went a while and I forgot. But I'll screw with the hysteris and cycle time.

Back