First two all grains in two weeks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sagnew440

Reaction score
Well i took the plunge after two extact batches and went all grain and i have to say besides the longer brewday its not that much harder. I think orginization is the main key. My first batch was the black pearl porter that i bottled on sat, i got 68% eff with my corona crush. OG was 1.060 and it finished a little high at 1.025. My second brew was orfys mild mannered mild i brewed yesterday. Brewed 8 gal, 4 gal with S-04 and 4 with Notty. I adjusted my crush a little and ended up with 89% eff. OG is 1.045. My mash temp dropped about 5 deg so that probably had some effect on my eff. Man I freaking love brewing:rockin:

1.045 is a bit high for that recipe, but certainly within the limits. Might be a tad on the dry side because of the cooled mash.

Yeah it was only the second time using my corona. I'm still trying to dial it in just right. I was going by the "Crush til your scared" method. I guess i wasn't scared enough this time:)

Back