Hi-jack Alert!!!!!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanh1801

Reaction score
WELCOME TO THE GREAT ZOMBIE THREAD.
read on.

I have started my if Obama wins. (Operation make money). He has made it known that he wants to reinstate the AWB and then some. Well I have done ever thing I can to get as many Ar-15's as I can. Well got another one tonight, for very cheap. So just in advance if Obama wins, Thanks for making me some money. :mug: I have a few others in Boxes, This one is used but has lots of bells and whistles.
DSCF0548.jpg

How much to buy it now? I think I'll have the same plan, only not sell them in case of zombpocalypse :D

wait so your plan is to buy assault rifles, wait for obama to win and then sell them on the black market once they're outlawed?

perhaps maybe posting about this on an internet forum isn't the brightest of plans

wait so your plan is to buy assault rifles, wait for obama to win and then sell them on the black market once they're outlawed?

perhaps maybe posting about this on an internet forum isn't the brightest of plans

Nope. AWB is only to current manufactured weapons,not current legal guns. Its the same thing when Clinton was in office. Most Ar-15's where going for around 2 grand. Now Obama does want to outlaw the transfer of these guns but, we will see what he does.

Whew! I saw the thread title, then saw the gun... my mind raced.. Wait! DId I say "Race"!!!!! No...

Never mind

My thoughts exactly. Ryan, don't be surprised if the guys in black suits show up at your door to ask you some questions.

Hey, question for you: I wasn't aware that he was talking about reinstating the AWB, so I'm wondering if he's actually aware that the reason it lapsed and failed to be reinstated the last time was because by every objective measure, it wasn't working at all? I shonuff love politicians. Ooooh, giant ****** or turd sammich...lemme see...

I suspect this may be a cultural thing, but I cannot for the life of me figure out who would look at an assault rifle and think "I really need to buy one of those". What sort of possible future event do people imagine that leads them to conclude that getting an assault rifle is the way to go?

I hope this doesn't come across as rude, as it's not meant that way. I'm just genuinely baffled by it.

I suspect this may be a cultural thing, but I cannot for the life of me figure out who would look at an assault rifle and think "I really need to buy one of those". What sort of possible future event do people imagine that leads them to conclude that getting an assault rifle is the way to go?

I hope this doesn't come across as rude, as it's not meant that way. I'm just genuinely baffled by it.

Danek, did you skip over EvilTOJ's post? Zombpocalypse, my friend. It's only a matter of time before the dead rise from their graves to feast on our flesh! Didn't you see 28 Days Later? Zombpocalypse will start in your country!

That's OK, it's a Texas thing. You wouldn't understand. ;) :D

Exactly, adrock. Those bobbies won't be able to stop the brain eaters with billy clubs and polite requests to stop feasting on said brains. The only way to deal with the zombie hordes is superiour fire power.

Danek, did you skip over EvilTOJ's post? Zombpocalypse, my friend. It's only a matter of time before the dead rise from their graves to feast on our flesh! Didn't you see 28 Days Later? Zombpocalypse will start in your country!
LOL! :D I'm hoping when Zombpocalypse starts here it'll be more like Shaun of the Dead. I have my trusty old box of vinyl records here with me in case the zombies start anything...

If you knew the first thing about zombie survival, you'd know that the #1 most versatile weapon is not the automatic assault rifle, but the bolt/lever-action. RTFM, damnit. There's no excuse not to.

Though, I guess, as long as it's got a switch to semi-. I'm no AR15 expert...

I guess I dont understand the point of having guns like that either. Its not very practical for home defense. its ridiculous for hunting, unless your planning on duck hunting with dick cheney. are they useless except as commodities, like trading stocks? So what do all you assault rifle owners out there do with these things?
Im trying not to get political, I am genuinely curious.

This one isn't mine but it's my idea of a 'hillbilly assault rifle' I have a 30-30 just like it :D
marlin336.jpg

TBH k1v1116....I don't know. I've never really seen the practicality of an AR-15 or anything else along those lines.

Fire off 30 clip at a target range, then you'll understand. Better than any drug around. :D

I guess I dont understand the point of having guns like that either. Its not very practical for home defense. its ridiculous for hunting, unless your planning on duck hunting with dick cheney. are they useless except as commodities, like trading stocks? So what do all you assault rifle owners out there do with these things?

“Assault” rifle is a trick word meant to raise emotions. For all practical purposes an AR-15 operates exactly the same as many hunting rifles and shotguns. They just tend to look a different as they are all black and don’t have a wood stock. Bans on “assault” rifles are based more on emotions than logic or any function of the gun. I use mine to plink gophers that damage our crops.

“Assault” rifle is a trick word meant to raise emotions. For all practical purposes an AR-15 operates exactly the same as many hunting rifles and shotguns. They just tend to look a different as they are all black and don’t have a wood stock. Bans on “assault” rifles are based more on emotions than logic or any function of the gun. I use mine to plink gophers that damage our crops.

I agree with you 100%, though, just for the record, I don't see too many semi-auto hunting rifles. :p

I agree with you 100%, though, just for the record, I don't see too many semi-auto hunting rifles. :p

Really. I say about half the people I hunt with have semi-autos. I prefer a good old bolt action, but to each their own.

Really. I say about half the people I hunt with have semi-autos. I prefer a good old bolt action, but to each their own.

Really? :drunk: Crazy...I know a bunch of hunters, serious ones, and none of them use semis. My lever-action works nice, unless I'm trying to drop a herd.

Exactly, adrock. Those bobbies won't be able to stop the brain eaters with billy clubs and polite requests to stop feasting on said brains. The only way to deal with the zombie hordes is superiour fire power.

Why do I get the feeling that you guys are excited for corpses to rise from their graves and attack us?

Why do I get the feeling that you guys are excited for corpses to rise from their graves and attack us?

Well, it'd be mighty disappointing to have spent your whole life preparing for it, hoarding weapons and supplies, building your house on stilts, going through extensive training, formulating complicated protocol for every plausible type of undead scenario...only to die in peace, never being able to use any of that stuff.

Wait, don't tell me you're not prepared. Jesus!

Are you kidding? Unrestrained violence against a horde of humanoids........who wouldn't want in on that? Oh sh*t, did I really just post that?

My personal weapon of choice would have to a sword or machete, assuming it's the slow, Night of the Living Dead zombies. Never runs out of ammo, and besides, guns show a lack of willingness to get down and dirty. What happened to the days when you had to chase down your meat and kill it with your bare hands?

Well, it'd be mighty disappointing to have spent your whole life preparing for it, hoarding weapons and supplies, building your house on stilts, going through extensive training, formulating complicated protocol for every plausible type of undead scenario...only to die in peace, never being able to use any of that stuff.
Wait, don't tell me you're not prepared. Jesus!

Goddamn...you're right! I need to get prepared! I guess I'll start hoarding AR-15's! I hear that the state of Texas is ahead of me, though, and is driving up the price by grabbing everything in sight.

Are you kidding? Unrestrained violence against a horde of humanoids........who wouldn't want in on that? Oh sh*t, did I really just post that?

My personal weapon of choice would have to a sword or machete, assuming it's the slow, Night of the Living Dead zombies. Never runs out of ammo, and besides, guns show a lack of willingness to get down and dirty. What happened to the days when you had to chase down your meat and kill it with your bare hands?

Wrong. The answer we were looking is: both. Lever/bolt-action for long-range kills, machete/katana for close combat.

Goddamn...you're right! I need to get prepared! I guess I'll start hoarding AR-15's! I hear that the state of Texas is ahead of me, though, and is driving up the price by grabbing everything in sight.

Semi-autos can be problematic, as people tend to over-use the ammo and just pop-pop-pop, rather than taking the proper time to site out a good head shot. If you do hoard AR15's, make sure to train properly first, so you don't just run out into the muck and unload like Tony Montana.

I realize that language like that is always chosen carefully by lawyers for maximum effect, but I though assault rifles were given that name by the military for which they were originally designed?

In case I go down, my wife is ready to take over the fight when the zombpocalypse finally hits.

Ms_AK.jpg

And yes, there is an AR-15 on that table :p.

I realize that language like that is always chosen carefully by lawyers for maximum effect, but I though assault rifles were given that name by the military for which they were originally designed?

The military version of and "assault" rifle (M16) is full auto. Full-auto makes an assault more effective. The version you and I can buy (AR15) is semi-auto just like many hunting rifles and shot guns. Calling it and assault rifle is purely an emotional play on words in my opinion.

A shotgun would be the most effective against zombies:rockin:

Use it just like any other gun. This one groups very nice at 150 yards. Also Ar-15's are great for hog hunting, or small deer. This one however is more of a gun range gun only. The Barrel is a bull Barrel so its very heavy, but also very accurate. :mug: Oh but basically they are just fun to shoot.

The military version of and "assault" rifle (M16) is full auto. Full-auto makes an assault more effective. The version you and I can buy (AR15) is semi-auto just like many hunting rifles and shot guns. Calling it and assault rifle is purely an emotional play on words in my opinion.

This is very true, and im glad someone else realizes that.

All I can say, is that if nice Aliens ever decide to send an envoy of peace and love to earth, I sure as hell hope that they don't set down in Texas!;)

As far as the Zombie apocolypse. "Shawn of the Dead" is the must watch field guide and hands down one of the best flics ever.

I myself don't own an assault weapon...

Pshhhh...... you losers.

I'm gonna use my bow--make things a little more exciting and takes some more skill ;)

What if the zombies are like the people in 28 Days Later? You have to rethink your defense when they're fast and super strong...

A shotgun would be the most effective against zombies:rockin:

Well this is not entirly true. The M-16 has NOT been a full auto weapon since the Vietnam era. The military found that soliders were spending far to much ammo for a singal hit. They have changed it over to a 3 round burst and that is the the current configuration, the M-16A2 and A3. While comverting it to full auto is not hard, it is highly illegal without the proper licensce.

Just so ya know:rockin:

Well this is not entirly true. The M-16 has NOT been a full auto weapon since the Vietnam era. The military found that soliders were spending far to much ammo for a singal hit. They have changed it over to a 3 round burst and that is the the current configuration, the M-16A2 and A3. While comverting it to full auto is not hard, it is highly illegal without the proper licensce.

Nah they didn't change it over to 3 round burst till the 90s.

I am aware that military have tri-burst, but didn't want to confuse the conversation. May people don't even understand full versus semi, so I thought adding tri-burst would really confuse. Doesn't the standard military M16 have the option to select full or tri-burst or has the military taken way that choice?

Doesn't the standard military M16 have the option to select full or tri-burst or has the military taken way that choice?

The one I shot a few years back did, out at Fort Bliss. Also my friends issued one has that option.

Back