What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guinness Foreign Extra. I've been wanting to try it for years and I finally found some. It's everything I dreamed it would be!

nukebrewer said:
I had heard many good things about that beer but can't get it here. I finally got to try it in Chicago while I was on a 3 hour layover. Pretty damn good beer there.

It lives up to the hype. That is the beer that got me into home brewing.

image-3891961937.jpg

Walking through the local liquor today, I saw this for the first time. I have seen people talking about it on here, it was $4.99 for a bomber. This is really good, time to look up a recipe.

Many beers last night.
Oskar Blues; GKnight, Deviant Dales
Lukcy Barstad
IIPA Mjød,
Heretic Torment on draft
Dogfish Head 75min IPA
2010 FW Parabola
Mikkeller Spontanwildstrawberry
Coronado Idiot IPA
King Crimson Imperial Red

Monster Rehap Green Tea and Tito's Vodka. What can I say, it was a fun Saturday night. :cross:

mcbaumannerb said:
Founder's Porter. 'Nuff said.

I had one of those a couple nights ago and a breakfast stout last night. I really enjoyed them both.

I was up til about 3 this morning and woke up about 830, through no choice of my own. I took about a two hour nap this afternoon, so it's going to be another long night. Getting started with this and then I've got a bunch of home brew in the fridge: Belgian Pale Ale (last one), Oatmeal Stout, Banana Split Stout and Badfish IIPA.

20121111_195917.jpg

This is my last night to drink beer before I start on mandated 2-week raw food diet as per the wife. I can have wine or cider. I'm thinking Double Jack x 2.

Double fisting, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and Homebrewed citrus ginger ale... That batch of ginger ale is terrible...

bottlebomber said:
This is my last night to drink beer before I start on mandated 2-week raw food diet as per the wife. I can have wine or cider. I'm thinking Double Jack x 2.

Keep the beer drinking, dump the wife. :)
How is the Double Jack?(I'm assuming you're talking about Firestone Walker.)
It's not available here, but I had my parents bring a Wookey Jack and Reserve Porter with them last time they visited. I have yet to drink them, but I've heard good things about them.

WesleyS said:
Keep the beer drinking, dump the wife. :)
How is the Double Jack?(I'm assuming you're talking about Firestone Walker.)
It's not available here, but I had my parents bring a Wookey Jack and Reserve Porter with them last time they visited. I have yet to drink them, but I've heard good things about them.

Nah I'm into it.. Or I wouldn't do it. This one's a keeper ;)

The Double Jack is phenomenal. It's right there with Pliny and Heady in my opinion, maybe just a touch less hoppy and a touch more malty, sweet, and alcoholic.

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Quitters never win, and winners drink beer. :D

Scored some glassware at the thrift store. Gotta break all these in tonight.

Shoot, don't feel sorry for me feel sorry for yourself. How many amazing beers have you had to split/2? My woman never cuts in on my stash ;)

bottlebomber said:
Nah I'm into it.. Or I wouldn't do it. This one's a keeper ;)

The Double Jack is phenomenal. It's right there with Pliny and Heady in my opinion, maybe just a touch less hoppy and a touch more malty, sweet, and alcoholic.

I've never had Pliny or Heady. I need to move somewhere with more availability. I'd love to try Pliny one day with how much I've heard about it.

I had a crazy night last night... It doesn't happen too often. Anyways, I continued my buzz with some Sam winters watching the game at TX roadhouse. I am now enjoying some fantastic Lagunitas brown sugga. It's a dangerous beer, at 9.9%, you'd have no idea. They make great beers.

ForumRunner_20121111_213333.jpg

Shoot, don't feel sorry for me feel sorry for yourself. How many amazing beers have you had to split/2? My woman never cuts in on my stash ;)

Might be part of your problem there buddy, my wife would never ask me to not drink beer, or eat a raw diet. :D Besides, what's a few oz sample outta a bomber anyway? Surely not too much to give for a nag free lifestyle, and a hot meal now and then. ;)

HPIM1385.jpg
Had a li'l over foam there, laced the outside of my glass.

WesleyS said:
I've never had Pliny or Heady. I need to move somewhere with more availability. I'd love to try Pliny one day with how much I've heard about it.
And therein lies the problem with that particular beer.

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Might be part of your problem there buddy, my wife would never ask me to not drink beer, or eat a raw diet. :D Besides, what's a few oz sample outta a bomber anyway? Surely not too much to give for a nag free lifestyle, and a hot meal now and then. ;)

Had a li'l over foam there, laced the outside of my glass.

Actually I'm totally into it. I hate routine, and love to break up the monotony by doing something unusual, like not eating anything that has been cooked. It's a challenge both mentally and physically, so in fully down. And I like to go dry now and then anyway, to reassure myself that I'm not an alcoholic ;)

bottlebomber said:
And therein lies the problem with that particular beer.

You're not the first one I've heard that from. There's lots of overly hyped beer out there and that's one of them. Still would like to try it though.

Actually I'm totally into it. I hate routine, and love to break up the monotony by doing something unusual, like not eating anything that has been cooked. It's a challenge both mentally and physically, so in fully down. And I like to go dry now and then anyway, to reassure myself that I'm not an alcoholic ;)

Whatever makes ya feel better about yourself, buddy. :D :mug:

Latest posts

Back