What is up with this weather??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kblankenship11

Reaction score
I made a dopplebock two weeks ago expecting the usual freezing cold weather in Upstate NY to ferment in my basement without much effort. It was nice and cold the week up to when I brewed and of course it's been around 50 every day since then...

Usually this time of year I can follow the Ron Popeil method, "set it and forget it" and my lager yeast work happily in their comfort zone on my basement floor. Now I'm having to mess around with a water tub and ice while my girlfriend taunts me. I think she made a secret deal with the heat-miser...

Anyone else having their lager schedules screwed up by the weather?

You can thank global warming for your fermenting woes. Cold here at night,no more than 40 something typically during the day. No snow to speak of.

Last winter it snowed once. It used to 40 or so times a winter.

This winter looks like another warm sunny one.

I moved to New England two years ago. The first year it snowed 170ish inches and I rushed out to buy a monster of a snow blower. Last year it snowed more on Halloween than the rest of the season.

Being a southerner it doesn't bother me much, but that damn 1500 dollar snow blower is looking like a bad investment ;)

I think I am the reason it isn't snowing up here.

Back