Stalled?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willthegoth

Reaction score
Only my 2nd brew so please be gentle with me.

I brewed up an IPA with 7lbs of dme and an American ale wyeast. Fermentation went off like crazy with foam pumping through the airlock and pretty much everywhere else. It stayed like this for about 3 days but now seems to have stopped completely. No bubbles at all and the smell isn't fantastic out there either. Temp is around 65-66 degrees.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

willthegoth said:
Only my 2nd brew so please be gentle with me.

I brewed up an IPA with 7lbs of dme and an American ale wyeast. Fermentation went off like crazy with foam pumping through the airlock and pretty much everywhere else. It stayed like this for about 3 days but now seems to have stopped completely. No bubbles at all and the smell isn't fantastic out there either. Temp is around 65-66 degrees.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Its fine its still going even though there isn't airlock activity. Let it sit for a few weeks then bottle. Min 2 weeks and rack to secondary if thats what you prefer. Take hydrometer readings, when they are the same for three days its done. Just give it time for yeast to clean up off flavors.

What you saw is the end of initial fermentation. The really vigorous part. After that,it'll slowly,uneventfully creep down to FG. Then give it 3-7 days to clean up & settle out clear.

Latest posts

Back