What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lakefront IPA, complete with hop particles, and yeast floaties. Yum!

image-213719714.jpg

Chuu said:
Exactly what I'm thinking! I brewed this for my girlfriend because she like Jai Alai, two hearted and Hoptimum. So I went out on a limb and made my first ever recipe: a DIPA w/ Citra and Galaxy and this is stellar. This right here is what makes home brewing so amazing. Next time I'll throw some cascade or simcoe at flame out to give it a slight dankness to cut the sweet and it will be the beat DIPA/IIPA I've ever had.

Sounds great. By your hop choices I can see you dig the tropical/fruity flavors. I was looking for a lot of that in mine. I get a lot of grapefruit and mango from it. I used Simcoe, Mosaic, Amarillo and Citra. No additions before 30 minutes. 3 oz of Simcoe at 30 and then additions of all four hops from 15 minutes down to 0 with a 20 minute stand after flameout and a full ounce of each for a 20 minute hop stand at 180 before cooling. Then I dry hopped with an ounce of each for 7 days. I was looking for " in your face" hop presence and at 17 oz for 6 gallons that's what I got. For the first time I'm blown away by my own beer.
It sounds like you've for a good one there. I've never brewed with Galaxy before. I think my LHBS has some. I might try to put something together with it.

Sounds great. By your hop choices I can see you dig the tropical/fruity flavors. I was looking for a lot of that in mine. I get a lot of grapefruit and mango from it. I used Simcoe, Mosaic, Amarillo and Citra. No additions before 30 minutes. 3 oz of Simcoe at 30 and then additions of all four hops from 15 minutes down to 0 with a 20 minute stand after flameout and a full ounce of each for a 20 minute hop stand at 180 before cooling. Then I dry hopped with an ounce of each for 7 days. I was looking for " in your face" hop presence and at 17 oz for 6 gallons that's what I got. For the first time I'm blown away by my own beer.
It sounds like you've for a good one there. I've never brewed with Galaxy before. I think my LHBS has some. I might try to put something together with it.

I haven't brewed with mosaic but I've heard raving about it. I used warrior to FWH and almost a straight base malt grist with some caramel 60 for color. And 10% sucrose for a dry bite. I wanted to highlight the hops in every way. Galaxy is amazing. Give a tartish aroma and taste that reminds me of passion fruits sourness. So great. Haha I added 3 oz (2 oz of galaxy and 1 citra) to the keg and it smells just like a hop and looked like grapefruit juice, got scared how cloudy it was. I need to play around more with aimcoe for dankness. I'm starting to grow fond of simcoe commercials.

Edit: I used 10 oz. I cant imagine what 17 is like lmfao. And I went pricey and used Golden Promise as the base. Really good choice I think (went with a two hearted inspired malt base)

Coffee while waiting for the train. I think I might have to take a nap on the ride today. Four hours if sleep doesn't go as far as it did twenty years ago!

I here ya its either 6 or 10 for me anything in between just doesnt cut it

Little Sumpin' in one of my new glasses. Found them at the local flea market for $2 a piece. They say Michelob on them, but who cares?

DSCN1597.jpg

Coffee. Oh, don't worry though, I have several good beers to drink, and 2 kegs in the Keezer, so I'm good....

Two at a time:

Smuttynose Winter Ale and Smutty Nose Old Brown Dog Ale.

Having a Hop Czar. Pretty good stuff! Now to figure out exactly what kind of hops went into this stuff, so I can make a clone...

^^^ Nice.

I'm currently drinking a Flying Dog Raging ***** Belgian-style IPA. With a Lagunitas Brown Shugga on deck!!!

Kilt Lifter. Haven't tasted it yet, but it smells fantastic! I have another Helles on deck, then it's off to bed for a 2:30 call from work....

about to pop one of my porters. hopefully the molasses is starting to mellow just a little.

How much molasses/malt? Not a fan of molasses, but I've been thinking about a dubbel or BDSA with sorghum syrup for a while.

Back