Rayon Vert bottles- infected?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TNGabe

Reaction score
Anyone bottled homebrew in Rayon Vert (or other Green Flash) bottles?

I've drank two beers in Rayon Vert bottles from my first batch of saison. One was a gusher and the other was pretty close. I've had at least 12 beers in SN style bottles from the batch that aren't overly carbed.

Is there something about the shape of the Green Flash bottles that make them foam or did I fail to get them bottles clean and have a brett infection?

The Green Flash bottles here in NY are either regular tall-deuces or the 12s similar to Sierra Nevada's. Are there other shaped bottles?

The Green Flash bottles here in NY are either regular tall-deuces or the 12s similar to Sierra Nevada's. Are there other shaped bottles?

Kinda like SN bottle, but very thick and the neck is shaped differently.

Probably weren't cleaned up enough. The shape isn't all that different - just super heavy glass.

I doubt the shape has anything to do with it. Rayon Vert, as you likely know, is a brett beer so chances are that's what made 'em gush.

I doubt the shape has anything to do with it. Rayon Vert, as you likely know, is a brett beer so chances are that's what made 'em gush.

OK, biofilm it is. Did the usual oxyclean soak to get the labels off and starsan before bottling, but guess that didn't cut it.

Back