Festa brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musicdjs

Reaction score
Hello, I just tasted my first batch of brew and can't believe how good it tasted. Lots of body with FRESH aromas of caramel, nuts and other complex notes. Just Beautiful!

I bought the Festa brown ale and it tastes as good as the commercial craft beers. I enjoyed it so much that a just bought the double oatmeal stout last week.

Anyone try Festa brew ????

I did a few festa kits when I was starting out. They produce excellent beer as long as you treat your yeast reasonably, and the clarity is beyond comparison with no effort.

My first batch ever was a festa brew cream ale, it was excellent and without a shadow of a doubt is what got me hooked further into the hobby once I found I COULD make great tasting beer myself.

I haven't used a festa brew kit since because they are over $40 where I live and honestly I can make beer just as good by putting a to-style recipe together on a recipe calculator and buying my ingredients. If i do that I can make a great beer for around $25-30 and I get the bonus of putting the recipe together and having some control over what goes into the beer.

I agree, they are very expensive compared to ingredient cost. I would consider doing another one if my store were to get in the IPA, just hoping it tasts like True North.

The IPA comes in seasonally where I live and it's $45. In the context of beer it's still cheap compared to store bought, but in context of home brewing it's the most expensive way to make beer yourself IMO.

That being said, I live in the Maritimes and I would bet most of the cost comes from shipping 23kilos of wort from Quebec. If you live near the facility where it's made it might be cheaper? I'd hope so anyway.

I live in Ontario and it is much cheaper here. The IPA used to cost $35. Now with a price hike it's going to be $42 or so. Still cheaper than in the Maritimes. However, it is now going to be available year round.

Because of the cold weather, I cannot cook outside and just had to buy a Festa Brew kit; a regular Pale Ale, and its price was $37. I'd probably use that much propane in my boil - just kidding, but it would be a significant cost.

great way to fall in love with brewing...help me learn ferm temps, Gravity checks, how to properly clean/sanitize...

Back