I Entered the IBU Open

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottG58

Reaction score
I submitted my year old Russian Imperial Stout to the Iowa Brewers Union Open today.

It is my first contest. I am excited to get feedback from people other than family.

This sounds like a contest to brew the most bitter beer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Home Brew mobile app

This sounds like a contest to brew the most bitter beer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Home Brew mobile app

It does have a category for bitter beer where there has to be an IBU point for each gravity point. The initial "IBU" in the title stand for "Iowa Brewers Union".

I entered a few beers also. First time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Home Brew mobile app

What category did you enter? I wish you luck as well.

I actually sent several down - my stepson lives in Ankeny, so I did not need to ship anything for a change.... Figured I had beer on hand, and he was delivering.... So, What-the-hell?
I entered a bunch - helles, dortmunder, german pils, ordinary bitter, IPA, American Amber, American Brown, British Dark Mild.

I entered an Amber Ale, AIPA, and an American Stout. I recieved a 31 on the Amber and the AIPA, I didn't get a scoresheet back on the Stout, so I'm looking into that. All in all I'm pretty happy with the results.

Latest posts

Back