What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Continuation on the hoppy path toward spring

image-1066685165.jpg

My Graf. Not fully carbed yet, but tasty. Way better than the apfelwein at this point, which tasted brutal at 3 wks.

Going to brew up another couple gallons using WF apple juice, mainly to get the 1 gal carboys it comes in.

captwalt said:
Heavy seas siren noire, excellent beer. Imperial stout with chocolate and aged in bourbon barrels.

Love that beer. I have a few in the fridge as well! Very smooth drinker. Could use more bourbon character though.

FermentNEthinG said:
Love that beer. I have a few in the fridge as well! Very smooth drinker. Could use more bourbon character though.

The bourbon is subtle but it works for me. This is thd first I've had it and it is a very smooth drinker. I need to get a few more while I can

WesleyS said:
Today sucked. This week sucked. So I'm starting out the weekend with a bang. Currently washing down my ny strip with this.

Bottle date: April 2011 Batch 7

My week sucked too. So, I decided to not go in today. I hear they had a hell of a time with that ;) washing down the sweet taste of a spontaneous 3 day weekend with my Saison, fermented at 100 degrees with rosemary and black pepper.

image-736909995.jpg

bottlebomber said:
My week sucked too. So, I decided to not go in today. I hear they had a hell of a time with that ;) washing down the sweet taste of a spontaneous 3 day weekend with my Saison, fermented at 100 degrees with rosemary and black pepper.

That Saison sounds pretty frikkin great!

bottlebomber said:

Must of been something about this week. On to another delicious beer! Here's to next week being better! Cheers guys.

image-775901124.jpg

My IPA. This is an interesting beer, it has an entire pound each of honey malt and carapils, and even though it finished at 1.010 from 1.075 it has a sticky quality and crazy head. Delicious. My wife's narcissus bulbs are getting good exposure tonight.

image-2463335269.jpg

My IPA. This is an interesting beer, it has an entire pound each of honey malt and carapils, and even though it finished at 1.010 from 1.075 it has a sticky quality and crazy head. Delicious. My wife's narcissus bulbs are getting good exposure tonight.

Don't tell your wife you are exposing her bulbs on the internet, she won't be cool with that if she's anything like my wife. The ipa sounds awesome!

bottlebomber said:

Damm dude! If you weren't 2000 miles away I'd invite myself over. For the beer, not your wife's bulbs. :p

BrewinHooligan said:
Don't tell your wife you are exposing her bulbs on the internet, she won't be cool with that if she's anything like my wife. The ipa sounds awesome!

I should be able to get a lifetime membership out of this..
WesleyS said:
Damm dude! If you weren't 2000 miles away I'd invite myself over. For the beer, not your wife's bulbs. :p

She's out of town anyway, we'd both be jonesing :drunk:

Citrusy hop aroma and taste. This is my kind of session beer. It makes me excited for Schlafly's Session IPA that they are going to can. I'll probably pick up another 6pk or two of this.

image-1228594080.jpg

Doing a side-by-side comparison of these two. The Yeti is much more intense. Extreme bitterness, dark fruit, sweet chocolate, coffee, hoppy. The Old Rasputin is much less intense. Coffee, chocolate, little to no hop flavor, but some hop aroma. It has a much cleaner taste to it (I assume because of the yeast and/or fermentation temp). Between the two I'm gonna have to pick the yeti as my favorite. When it comes to imperial stouts, the more intense the better. I still consider Oskar Blues Ten Fidy to be my favorite imperial stout still. I haven't found anything better yet.

ForumRunner_20130308_195920.jpg

Back