Sugar Problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sookispur

Reaction score
So I fused a Orange Blossom Honey Ale recipie with my Hefeweizen recipie. I am using 5Lb of Wheat DME, 1LB of Light DME, 1oz of Hallertau, and a pinch of Caaz at 5min. While the wort was boiling I put a 1lb of honey at 30min, and I put the zest and flesh of one orange in the primary. I am also putting in 1oz of French Oak chips for 5 days in the secondary. I am using the WL Hefeweizen IV yeast. This is my first time really experimenting and I don't want to over do the sugar at bottling. Now, after the secondary when I am bottling, do I still add priming sugar and, if so, how much do I add? I am worried that with all this sugar I'll have exploding bottles.

The sugar you put in the wort before fermentation will have turned into alcohol and CO2. You should prime like normal, assuming fermentation has completed. Your hydrometer will tell you if it has.

Latest posts

Back